CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 12, 2003, 05:45 PM

sponsored links

Same here. I opened it up to school my friend in Sonic adventure 2, but then right back it went.

Your DC fits in a shoebox? How big are your feet?
Old May 12, 2003, 09:29 PM

hey u two guys with the dreamcast sell them to me. ill buy them since u dont use them .
Old May 13, 2003, 05:45 PM

joegeta... As much as I don't use it, I can never part with it. NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!
Old May 13, 2003, 07:14 PM

I doubt Sega could compete in the console wars but I would like them to give Nintendo a little competition in the hand held market. It would be awesome to see a little Nintendo vs. Sega again. I think this is one spot Sega could compete, remember they had the color backlight handheld when Nintendo had the green screen GameBoy. The Nomad rocked but nobody bought it (that was very sad!). Come on Sega ... get into the handheld market again and make Nintendo really innovate!
Old May 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
Veteran

Quite simply, the general public (not ours!) perception of sega home consoles is at rock bottom. It was on the decline from the sega CD/32X days, the Saturn didn't help and the fate of the dreamcast basically sealed the fate of sega.

I new console from sega wouldn't sell because it wouldn't be perceived as being 'a safe bet' by the public at large. The playstation BRAND is a safe bet and as such is a console that people will feel secure in purchasing.

The xBox is (arguably) the console of choice for those who 'know' hardware and is also a pretty safe bet because millions of parents use windows everyday without problems (honestly!) and as such are familiar with the microsoft brand. The vast majority don't have anything against Microsoft so that doesn't enter the equation.

Nintendo has always been the no1 in brand association with console's but also with family values and is therefore seen as a safe bet for parents of younger family members.

Brilliant advertising and product placement strategies from Sony have worked wonders. Sega didn't have the cash to throw around like sony and didn't have the brand name to fall back on (Dreamcast is the follow up to....? Playstation2 is obviously the follow up to the playstation).

I have dreamcast, ps2 and xbox and enjoy all 3. I have a preference for the xbox, that thing has yet to be fully exploited!
Old May 20, 2003, 03:55 AM

Sega in my own view may one day be back making hardware. But first they need to promote there games on all the other formats make sega a big name again. Get loads of adverts out there. They could do some kind of sega tour to show of there games. This would generate loads of intrest in them. Not many developers try to get there games out to the public at an early stage apart from at shows like E3. If sega did this then they would see just how much intrest there is in them still. They just might then have the funds and the suport to go back in th e hardwware market one more time. Another option is for them to join with another hardware developer. The Dreamcast was way ahead of its time its still the console to get online. Microsoft have only just caught up and sony and nintendo are still far behind. Plus there was the VMU what an idea that was if this saught of technology was used properly then games could have a much longer life span.