CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 08, 2003, 05:59 AM

Default DVD Decripter + Instant Copy = nonworking moive on xbox :(

sponsored links

I cant get my movies to work on an xbox, stand alone seems fine, im using Instant copy to burn as well.

Set up:

Ripped: DVD Decrypter
Coded: Instant Copy
Burned: Instant Copy
DVD-R: Ritek G04

These discs work with other DVD-R movies (like you can buy on a carboot) but not when ripped from an orignal source. When Instant copy is finished im left with 4 or 5 files, I think the problem maybe that Instant copy is not the best to burn with. I usually burn with RecordNOW.

How do I burn these files with recordnow? Step by step? Which files do I select?
Old May 09, 2003, 12:57 AM
Veteran

It's not the problem of how you are burning them as it is the XBOX itself. I had the exact same problem when I used DVD X COPY. The discs work great on my PS2 and PC but the XBOX refused to play them. I switched to DVD Decryptor and now my movies work on the XBOX as well as the PS2 and PC (reading and writing in ISO mode).
Old May 09, 2003, 07:36 AM

i use dvd decryptor, then dvd2one to transcode, then copy to dvd to burn and get no problems with anything.
might be worth trying
Old May 09, 2003, 09:51 AM

Hi.

My 1st attempts using Maxell DVD's and RecordNow Max always failed with my XBOX. I'm not sure to this day wether it was the media or the s/w but the following works every time for me now:

DVD decrytor to rip,
DVD2One to transcode,
NERO to burn.

I've used various versions of the above software (I always get the latest release) with the Ritec unbranded (plain silver top, deep purple bottom) 2 speed. I've yet to try the 4*.

I've also found that the XBOX with this this creating/burning setup, is less fussy with menus and extras than my Sony player is.

Connie.
Old May 09, 2003, 10:41 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Rolling Thunder [/i]
[B]Hi.

My 1st attempts using Maxell DVD's and RecordNow Max always failed with my XBOX. I'm not sure to this day wether it was the media or the s/w but the following works every time for me now:

DVD decrytor to rip,
DVD2One to transcode,
NERO to burn.

I've used various versions of the above software (I always get the latest release) with the Ritec unbranded (plain silver top, deep purple bottom) 2 speed. I've yet to try the 4*.

I've also found that the XBOX with this this creating/burning setup, is less fussy with menus and extras than my Sony player is.

Connie. [/B]
After using Instant copy to transcode, how do i burn the .pdi files im left with with recordnow, ill try my setup before changing, i just wanna know what file(s) i need to burn do i create VIDEO_TS etc..
Old May 09, 2003, 11:04 AM

I can't help you with .pdi files as I don't even know the format of them from Instant copy. It might be worth considering creating an empty AUDIO_TS folder at the root of the DVD alongside the VIDEO_TS folder containing the DVD compatible MPEG/menu files. This is for compatibility with older players (not sure about XBOX). NERO creates this for you by default.

Try the s/w I use. You can even substitite a free version of DVD Shrink for DVD2One.