CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 11, 2003, 01:54 AM

Cool My CDROM can't read burn CDR?

sponsored links

I have 2 pc:-
a. AMD750, this one is where the CRW6432A is installed.
b. P200MMX, this one with the CR585-B.

I burn my 700MB CDR with Acer CRW and it could be read but when I put the burn cd into the Creative\Matshita CR, it seems like the drive doesn't recognize the cd.

I just found this problem whenI have upgrade my both pc last 2 month from Win9X to Win2K. I didn't have this problem when I was in Win9X. B4 this when I burn a CDR with Acer CRW it could be read by Creative CR. And also it can't be read not only from windows but also from DOS.

Anyone can help me out? Please! Is it got anything to do with firmware? Do I need to upgrade either one of the drive? I don't think it got to do with ASPI and I don't think it's got to do with Win2K. Well I noticed that B4 this i used a 650MB CDR and now I change to 700MB CDR. Maybe the Creative CR585-B doesn't recognise it? If so can't someone send me the latest firmware and short tips to install it.

Thanks.

Last edited by mierol; May 12, 2003 at 12:37 PM.