CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 12, 2003, 07:02 PM

Default Cheapmod installation problem.

sponsored links

Hi, guys, I followed the instructions on cheapmod.com but in regards to the 16 pin header plug, but I just couldn't desolder the last hole on the lpc port so I did the optional method in the instructions I only desoldered 9 of the holes in the port and pulled the appropriate pins from the header as you see here.

***********.cheapmod.com/link1.htm

and I soldered the link wire on the two points on the topside of the motherboard without flipping the board according to this diagram.

********warmcat.com/milksop/cheapmod.html

I put everything back into place and after I turned the system on I get our friendly FRAG (Flashing Red and Green light) error. I tried hours of soldering and desoldering to see if evertthing was soldered correctly. What I want to know is if everything I just explained is soldered on correctly, shouldn't this thing work? Or, like I said in an eariler post, the chip came with a preflashed Xecuter 2 4976.02. I have a version 1.0 xbox. is this the problem? If so, is it somehow possible to flash the bios to something else more appropriate even though it's not working in the system?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by saiyan23; May 13, 2003 at 06:31 PM.
Old May 12, 2003, 07:50 PM
Veteran

If you have that many questions, it might be better to have someone who knows what they are doing install it for you.

The RS link is broken. Just buy wire wrap from RS. Same thing as 30ga kynar.

Just pull the extra header pin out. When you line it up with the LPC holes, remove the solder, you will see where there is no hole, just remove that particular pin with some needle nose pliers.
Old May 12, 2003, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the reply, I've soldered and done this before wiith the PS2, but I was never missing parts with the previous mods that I've installed, I'm just making sure before I broke that pin off. =)