CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 24, 2003, 01:08 AM

Smile pc based kit out....????

sponsored links

hi peeps.....been out this week to two other areas near me to basically chill and look at other k jocks at work ( like ya do !)....and saw this set up in a boozer with all the titles in the book just numbers ie 2327, etc and the files on this pc were called kmf ???????? well ive heard of mp3+g and cavs mcg but what the donald duck is kmf ????......i tried to ask this guy a little more and he was a bit of a snotty sod claiming he hadnt the time to explain, but his pal told me they are compressed like mp3 and just one file instead of two.????? is this true.......coz if it is ive got a brilliant idea up the sleeve...i also noticed he was using wincdg 2.11 as his software ( yes i got that close to the monitor lol ).......can any one shed any light on this for me as i would love to go laptop karaoke but now with yet another format appearing i'm a bit sort of undecided ...........gram...

sing,sing or show us yer ring !
Old May 24, 2003, 03:29 AM
Veteran

KMF is the brand of files used only by tyrannosoft, try a search in Google for kmf and its all there or go to www.tricerasoft.com for full info including laptop useage and converting cdg to kmf!! Enjoy.
Old May 24, 2003, 04:06 AM

nice one oxo....here goes..
Old May 24, 2003, 10:29 AM

Never worry, just take your laptop full of MP3 +g files....use winamp plus the cdg plugin....use the tv out (if you have one) or link into the venue's "Big screen projector" and Bob's yer uncle...Karaoke made easy....can't really pitch change though...mind you most of the fun is when the punter can't reach the notes LOL
Old May 24, 2003, 11:27 AM

er ,beg to differ there !. you can key / pitch change with Winamp using "PACEMAKER", i have been using a pc based system now for over a year, and have it running like a dream !!

CEEJAY
Old May 24, 2003, 12:04 PM

hi mista cj....or even missus cj,,whichever....i'm thinking of going laptop karaoke but what i need to know is if i number all my tracks 01 to 5000 would they work from cd's , lets say i put 01 to 120 on one cd .....or do you have problems running from disk ????? the laptop ive been offered only has a 6.4 hd in it.....i could put about 1000 tracks on that i'm told. but the rest would have to go on cd......i know i could probably get a bigger hd but i'm told a 40 or 60 gig hd for a lappy would be ridiculous dosh !