CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 24, 2003, 01:17 PM

sponsored links

Hi , i would say your answer is to add an external H/d in a caddy and run it from the USB or CARDBUS slot (they run on USB2.0 BEST )i simple use the MS SEARCH in XP and it finds the title of anyall tracks, then just double click file and hey presto ,up it comes in Winamp !!, i reckon i can find any track i have in under a minute and have it cued up ready to go, even less most of the time !.
All my tracks are in disc sets ,in separate directories .

Hope this has been of help !!

CEEJAY

er!, and its Mr , for all folks info !!)

Regards to all !
Old May 25, 2003, 02:49 AM
Veteran

OUT OF interest ceejay.

have u ever had someone ask for a track with bad graphics ( as do a few on the sets circulating)?

what do u do if u have?

PS: did a search on "pacemaker" & could only find a recommendation by the BMA that "people with pacemakers dont participate in karaoke". LOL

any links to this software?

Last edited by gooty; May 25, 2003 at 02:58 AM.
Old May 25, 2003, 05:27 AM

here is the pacemaker
***********.sunpoint.net/~oparviai/pacemaker/
Old May 25, 2003, 08:01 AM

Just a quickie on this one. Please excuse me 'cause I'm ccomputer illiterate. If I got a cheapo laptop with an external hard drive and decent sound card, does it matter about the speed of the processor if Im just going to use it ffor the purposes of "laptop karaoke"?

All the best

Mart
Old May 27, 2003, 10:30 AM

Default Processor Speed

Facethemusic,

Processor speed is less important than video memory. You need a decent video card. If you have a slow processor, you will have problems doing anything while song is playing (it will skip). If you want to do video (AVI etc) along with karaoke, you should have a video card with a decent amount of memory and a processor above PIII 500.

As far as setting up HD for karaoke, I agree with Vinnie. I put disks in folders numbered the same as if I had the disks and then tracks in folder as per original disk.

I search through WinAmp to cue files. I tried setting up Excel songbook with file links to folder/track. It works, but takes a long time to set up.
Old May 27, 2003, 07:30 PM

dennisgb

if u have your discs in folders named as the disc, as i do, then all u need to do is, at the bottom of winamp add directory,browse to the location your disc folders r in then winamp will list them in the playlist in alphabetical folder order eg if your first disc is ek1 then the first 16 tracks in the playlist will be ek1 track 1 to 16 then ek2 would be 17 to 32 etc (thats providing theres 16 tracks on ek1 + 2 lol i can't remember)
then in excel u would have the same ,if u do a disc list first in alpha order then do a column for no's 1 to whatever it will be the same as your playlist

to add to the above if u then use the plugin winamp jumper all u have to do is type the no of the song + press enter + the track plays instant + i mean instant, no joking from looking at the request slip to having the song cued up ready to play takes 2 secs, providing u can read the writing lol

hope that isn't too confusing, it's late lol

steve

ps if you already have your discs listed in excel it will take 5 mins to set up

Last edited by stevebicks; May 27, 2003 at 07:39 PM.