CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 28, 2003, 09:07 AM

Default Song Cue

sponsored links

Steve,

I'm not sure I follw this.

I have a folder on my HD named Karaoke. In that folder I have some 600 folders each being a disk. In each disk folder there are songs corresponding to the tracks on the disk. The songs are numbered to track number and also named with artist and song title. My songbook has corresponding numbers 1-600 for disk and then the track number. I have purged my files so they do not contain any doubles...I saved the ones that I considered to be the best versions. This saves HD space. Some disk folders may contain only a few tracks.

I cue up by going to play/file in Winamp.
Old May 28, 2003, 10:42 AM

I though .kmf was just mp3+cdg zipped up and renamed. Don't know if you can simply rename and extract though. winCDG does allow you to make kmfs out of mp+CDG files and it's a very quick process so I suspect it just calls an internal zip routine.
Old May 28, 2003, 10:59 AM

Hi Ceejay (Mr), sorry if I sounded negative about pace maker...its just I can only get it to work realistically over a small range...then the audio starts sounding cr@p...perhaps I need a faster processor...LOL
Old May 28, 2003, 11:18 AM

dennisgb

i'm still in the process of purging my books as well, 7 versions of hound dog etc are a waste of space.

now whats good for one may not be for someone else lol. but this is how i did it.

i started off with an excel disc list of all the discs i have, i also like you have all my files in a folder called karaoke with each disc in a subfolder named as the disc with each file numbered + named, so to that point we are the same.

as i said in the previous post if you goto the bottom of the winamp playlist window + click on the add button you can add directory + browse to your karaoke folder, this then adds all your karaoke files to the playlist in alphabetical folder order,which should be the same as you have in your excel disc list ie:- if your first disc is ek1 then the first song in your playlist will be 2 become 1 by the spice girls etc etc

then what i did was, as i deleted tracks from the computer i also deleted them from the songlist which meant that the excel list + winamp playlist always stayed the same

hope that clarifies it a bit more but if not + you're interested feel free to ask, i could also mail u a sample of my excel song books to show what i mean

regards

steve

Last edited by stevebicks; May 28, 2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 29, 2003, 12:03 AM

you can play mp3+g files still zipped up which save a lot of hard drive space
usind sax and dottys show hoster pr ogram
Old May 29, 2003, 01:00 AM
Veteran

where can u download this & is it freeware?

[email]gooty1@hotmail.com[/email]