CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 06, 2003, 05:48 PM

sponsored links

I have been using the PC based version for some 18 months now ,and i reckon i have got it about right for my needs !!, (not to say it is everyones way tho !!
Keep it simple !, external hard drive with your MP3=G files on link it to a good PC with at least 1000 hz 512 ram, forget your Lappys (UNLESS THEY HAVE GOOD usb 2.0 !)sort your files into named sets.
Then use the XP Search Facility to find tracks as required !!
Works a dream for me !!.
All my files are on a 200 GB External Caddy drive (USB 2'0 )
and when i say all my files its all i need to do any form of show for who ever !!.
I carry about 35,000 tracks, so even ones that i do not include in "MY BOOKS" are easily reached, so its a case of "YOU HUM IT ,SON !. AND I'LL TRY TO PLAY IT !".
Seriously tho, i have had a load of experience in Karaoke over the years since its concept way back, and this lark makes life so easy for me !, i reckon i can find any track in my books in seconds !, with discs it would take me that long to find the Bloody disc !!.
So if any one is thinking of working it this way, give it a try and do as i did, EXPERIMENT !!!!!!!, its the only way you are going to find your own specific way of how you want to run your show !!
Good luck ,and any advice i can offer just ask !!, i will try to help where i can to you serious buffs out there !!, Please no contact by mail, i will if you make a post try to do it through here !

Best Regards to all !!
CEEJAY

Last edited by CEEJAY; Jun 06, 2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2003, 05:51 AM

Ebuyer have got some bare bones all in one machines with flat monitors built in that might be nice for someone wanting a karaoke PC. Takes pentiums, which are a bit pricey but they do celerons that fit them for about 50 quid.

edit: link - ***********.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&pro duct_uid=48561

Last edited by Lowndsy; Jun 09, 2003 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2003, 01:24 PM

My advice to you LCD buyers for Karaoke, DON'T !! they can, and ,some do , interfer with the Amplifier system because of RFI , also Radio Mics can pick up high pitched whine from them.

CEEJAY
Old Jun 10, 2003, 09:12 AM

Default LCD Screens

Ceejay,

I am using fold-up 12.5" TTF LCD screen with my Toshiba desktop PC. The Screen is a heavy duty server drawer set up in a metal housing. It has keyboard and trackball build in. It fits standard gig case width and folds to under 3" then the drawer slides into gig case when not in use.

I do not find any interference from screen to system, but when I turn on my digital to ****og converter, I get some interference on the LCD.

I like this set-up. It's very sturdy and makes for a professional look when in use.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:11 PM

To answer Gootys question earlier about bad graphics files in my shows
, thats simple, , i don't have any !!!,
if i do find a crap track, i note what track it is by moving it to a directory where i can find it, re-do the file and replace it with the good one.
I have been doing Computer Karaoke now long enough to know if there are any of the more popular ones!.
It pays you to check your files , ALL OF THEM !!. you will be the embarrassed one ,not the punter who is trying to sing it !!!.
I now name all my files with KJ Pro, as i find that having the disc number first, track no second ,title next and last artist.

And to answer Dennis's post, i am very interested to here of the fold away TFT, sounds the mutts nuts for our needs !!.
I used a IBM 17" STAND ALONE TFT its great, till you couple it to an amp, and the shrill it makes is beyond belief !!!!!

Nice one Dennis !!

CEEJAY

Last edited by CEEJAY; Jun 10, 2003 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 02:16 PM

Default LCD Drawer

Ceejay,

Here's a link to a similar unit.

***********.iscdfw.com/onlinecatalog/rackmount_tft/rackmount_TFT_LCD_monitor_keyboard_drawer_kvm_swit ch.htm

They are quite expensive retail, but I bought mine used on Ebay for $300 US.