CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 02, 2003, 11:36 AM

Question Problem with backup and burning isos

sponsored links

Hello,

my problem:

tried to backup an original game - did not work
tried to burn other isos - did not work

here is what i did so far:

put the original game (Hunter, PAL-Version) in my PAL-Xbox (modded with e-xecutor 1.1; EvolutionX RemoteX v.1.8.458; 40 Gb HDD).

backuped all game-files at my PC via FTP

used Xiso / Xisotoolkit to create an image from the backuped game-files

burned that image with RecordNow 4.5 (DAO closed, Mode1-2048) on a DVD-R (SK) and a DVD-RW Emtec (Burner: NEC ND-1300) with the result that both DVDs were not even recognized.

burned some other images from overnet too. Weird thing is - some work and some not. So i guess the type or brand of the DVD-R / DVD-RW can not be the problem - right?

All the games (original backups and other isos) work well when i unpack them to my Xbox-HDD!!

I have already downloaded a tool to check and change the default.xbe (DExbe 0.5), but I dont really know what to change there. Is the xbe-changing-stuff the right way or do I have another problem.
Please tell me what to do. Thx.

Bate