CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 04, 2003, 02:39 PM

sponsored links

LOL! I think I would rather buy the bard :P

Seriosly though, I have taken into consideration what you have said andyr and I am going to take that chance, If I damage the board then I'll just buy another, the only thing now is finding the right BIOS update which of course I cannot take this any further until I've got that revision number, problem is where do I get it?.
Old Jun 04, 2003, 05:06 PM

If you are still looking for the revision number it is printed in white in one of the corners on the motherboard. ( says [ver. xx] (xx being the number))
Your gonna have to take the case off though and have a peek in , in my sons computer it is the bottom left corner with the connections out of the case also on the left.
I have flashed the bios on ver 7 & ver3(pcchips site says it cant take it on ver 3--see UAPyro reply BUT it can with lastest bios)I have then put in xp2000 chip & have worked, no problem.
Go spend 46 on a retail box version of this chip incl heatsink[ ***********.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=UFNQcm9kdWN0U2VhcmNoUmVzdWx0cw== &order=ASC&order_col=sell_price ] , better than buying a new board just to upgrade your cpu if you dont have all the money now.
Pcchips are not the best boards by far, but they do a job & are cheap with all the onboard sound, graphics. modem etc, when you mess on a bit you can get a better board (Asus) then add a better sound, graphics card etc. But your chip can still be used.
HTH

Soz, just read your spec & realised your not using onboard sound & graphics

Last edited by lemolelly; Jun 04, 2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2003, 06:59 AM

Ive had the case off and had a look, could not see a number apart from on the BIOS chip, here it is

AMBIOS
AZ285

Thats what it says on the BIOS chip I could not find any other number on the Motherboard.
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:13 AM
Veteran

when you boot the PC up (During POST), take down the number in the bottom left hand corner and then search for that one.
Old Jun 05, 2003, 07:29 AM

Tried that too but it is way to fast for me to even get a look, I tried the Pausew/Break button and that just freezes my pc causing me to reboot, at the wait.. screen after the system post. How can I get that number?
Old Jun 05, 2003, 01:06 PM

3. Where do I find the version number of my motherboard?
It is either written onto the Board near the keyboard connector, or silkscreened in very small print in the corner of the board nearest PCI#1 connector (also near "JUSB1").

A brief motherboard history:
Motherboard version 1.0 = No AGP port
Motherboard version 1.3 = No AGP port
Motherboard version 1.6 = First version with AGP port
Motherboard version 3.0 = Some support 266Mhz but not sure which
Motherboard version 5.0 = First with official support for 266FSB and 4 channel sound codec
Motherboard version 7.0 = First to support XP+ CPUs and "Morgan" Duron CPUs
Motherboard version 7.0a = First to support XP+ CPUs and "Morgan" Duron CPUs higher than 1600+
Motherboard version 7.1 = Current series

THis is from this link ********radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html

check it out it has loads of info on this board

I have just checked my sons again it is on a white sticker in the bottom left corner next to a hole in the board it says something like REV 7.0a.
on older versions I think it is actually printed onto the board in the same place.