CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 09, 2003, 11:45 AM

Default IE6 default email problem "/start" after email address

sponsored links

Hi all

I've got Hotmail as my Default email on IE6, when I click on an email address on a webpage to send them an email, the address comes up but with"/start"after it (e.g [email]user@email.com[/email]/start), invalidating the address which means it gets returned as a "failed to deliver" email.
I have to physically delete the "/start" each time.
Anyone know how to remove this?

Also, when I click on "Read Mail" it always takes me to the "compose new email" page instead of my inbox, anyone know how to change this too?
Everything was fine before I did a format and upgraded to Win2000 from Win98SE, I presume I've missed some setting out or something!

Cheers all!
Old Jun 09, 2003, 04:17 PM
Veteran

To send messages, add contacts, and place calls from within Internet Explorer, on the File menu, point to New, and then click the type of message or communication you want to start.