CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 17, 2003, 02:57 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Microsoft make money off of the games to.

I am sure that Microsoft shareholders as well as Gates care if they are losing money.

What would be the point of selling heaps of consoles if you are never going to see any return?
Old Jun 17, 2003, 07:13 AM
Veteran

For crying out loud! Personally I don't like the GameCube, but I think that this is a good step for it. However it seems like all you can think about is putting the Xbox out of business (Or at least putting it into the last place in the sales stakes). What the hell is your problem?!

Seriously, there are three consoles, don't you think that's good for business??? The more consoles there are, the more they compete, the better the hardware and software get and the lower the prices.

So to those who say 'Down with Xbox', I think that if GameCube is cracked, say bye bye to Nintendo.

To those who just like to see steps forward, then to you I say all the best and I hope you are succesful.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 12:22 PM

Aparantly the AR and freeloader images have now been posted on the newsgroups.

Its not too hard to guess the name of the news group. try thinking where binary cd image for gamecube might be posted.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 01:02 PM
Veteran

Someone in the BST section if selling these on dvdr, dont really see the point as no one knows if the gamecube can even read minidvdr, some people seem to think that gamecube games come on minidvdr but they are not.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 03:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by celtic_druid [/i]
[B]WRONG! XBox ISO's were released and certain groups had modchips and were able to boot the ISO's. Then modchips were released to the general public.[/B]
Actually Katz is right.

Quote from .nfo of 4 x 4 Evolution 2(one of the 1st releases):
[B]" We tested this game on a developer XBOX, and it works. Since there is no mod chip yet, we have no idea if this release will work on retail XBOXes when/if a mod comes out. However, now that there is a release, a modchip developer will be inclined to get our releases to work, so we think a future mod will work with this release. "[/B]

(Unfortunately no one knows if these "GC isos" will even work on a developer unit...yet. So any attempts at getting them to work on a standard GC as an iso burned on dvd-r/mini-dvd-r would most likely just be a shot in the dark. I don't think anyone knows for certain if the GC can read dvd-r format anyway.)

Last edited by barracuda; Jun 17, 2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 04:54 PM
Veteran

who said down with xbox? i am stating the obvious... gcn has been a competetor for second from the rip. once xbox was hacked, it comfortablly took second position. now that cube is on the road to being hacked (look at dextrose more new tools as of today!!!) xbox will most likely take third. now dont get me wrong, i love my xbox and it will be a peice of my entertainment center for years to come, but it has had its sales peak form the "other" buyers (those who only buy to burn) but the cube has yet to see these people.