CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 17, 2003, 06:34 PM

Question Antivirus software?

sponsored links

I'm looking for an antivirus software that is best at detecting known/unkown virus and trojans at the expense of system performance. Which antivirus will picking up the most virus or trojans? THanks for teh suggestions.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 07:08 PM

each have thier own favourites, but i use AVG from grisoft.com, you have to register but its free and updated regulary..very good AV
Old Jun 17, 2003, 07:37 PM

thanks...but which AV out there will pick up the most virus?
Old Jun 17, 2003, 07:56 PM
Veteran

i like norton anti virus best and also use the cleaner for detecting trojans.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 09:20 PM

Is NOD32 or F-secure antivirus 2k3 any good? I tried KAV, but it kept on crashing my IE so I uninstalled it.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 09:23 PM
Veteran

Norton is not the best, I figure that out the hard way. I got this weird trojan virus that Norton could not detect and most other software I tried. Then I got eAnthology and it recognized the virus and got rid of it. It's the best software to protect computers I think. I think it has some spyware too and was detected by moosoft and the details said they log where you go to help keep your computer running well and keep viruses out. So far to date I give this software rating of an excellent. Very good software if you are going to use the internet a lot like me. It even came free with popup stopping program also. It got rid of all the annoying spam mails sent through using my cable IP address and using the net.exe type of chat send messages. This program does many things such as Scans for spyware, malware and keyloggers in addition to viruses, worms and trojans.
7-day a week monitoring center.
Stops suspicious looking emails from being downloaded to save time.
Scans email attachments as they arrive.
Stops annoying popups automatically.
Autopilot for updates, scanning and cures.
Stop-Sign is only one part of eAnthology.
They also guarantee you to be infection free. They protect you from the latest viruses, spam, and all kinds of stuff. I forget how much I paid to register it but, I think it's been like a year and I'm still registered and using it.