CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post Editing Music Files from a .CDI file

sponsored links

I know this subject has been beat to death but im still having a whole lot of trouble. Ok my prob is that i have a copy of Guilty Gear X in a .cdi format. I said,"Ok, maybe i'll jsut go ahead and burn the sucker and everything will go smoothly" but it didnt. The
music doesnt play at all.

My question is how can solve this prob of mine. GGX isnt the only game that this happened to me either. Busta-A-Move 4 and Plasma Sword has also burned fine but still with no music. Any and all help would be appreciated.

P.S.- I checked out the Guilty Gear forum below mine and im still stuck. So whoever posted and responded to the forum..... could you guys help me in shortening the music files and let me know of a program that will allow me to do that?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 12:24 AM

try to convert it to NRG, see if it helps.
otherwise just download a new one with a different file size.

Mine worked flawlessly...
Old Jun 22, 2003, 01:21 AM

Would i have to use CDI2Nero or something like that to convert the file? Any if i do convert it to .nrg is it possible to cut out music files after the conversions. Sorry...im just full of questions. Stilla newbie actually =)
Old Jun 23, 2003, 06:16 AM
Veteran

sounds like the release you have, is the one without the cdda tracks. if i remember correctly, there were 2 releases (anyone back me up on this?)

If it is indeed the cdda version, dont bother converting, as it will do u no good. just extract the files using isobuster, and then use music editing software, such as cool edit, and reduce the bit rate of the tracks, effectively reducing file size. Then use echelon tutorial to burn back to disc.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 06:25 AM

Yep, mitsu50 is right. It sounds like you have the ripped versions without the CDDA tracks (Audio tracks). GGX, Busta-A-Move 4 and Plasma Sword all use CDDA tracks.

I have GGX and Plasma Sword and burning these games correctly can be annoying. The only way for you to get music is too either get the other release which does have CDDA tracks or find some one that has a ripped version with the audio tracks in it and copy them.

Just remember it has nothing to do with your Discjuggler image being corrupt or anything. You just have the no-audio GGX.