CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 22, 2003, 09:06 AM
Veteran

Default good encryption program?

sponsored links

Lo

Does any one know a good encryption program that can encrypt an entire section of your hard disk (say 100 meg)

i did have a good one but canít seem to find it now
Old Jun 22, 2003, 10:23 AM

Hi there,

Dekart Private Disk Light 1.13

"FREE version of Dekart Private Disk
Based on Dekart's popular Private Disk solution, Private Disk Lite allows you to create a secure space for all your work, exchange this data with others, and feel assured that your information is safe from external and internal manipulation. Unlike Private Disk, Private Disk Lite does not require the use of an eToken or smart card to gain access to your protected data.

Private Disk Lite is a solution, which creates one or more secure virtual disks on your hard drive. Information stored in this secure area is automatically encrypted and may only be accessed by entering the correct password. Without the password, the secure disk space is inaccessible.

Private Disk Lite employs an AES standard encryption method. This technology ensures a high level of encryption, which does not hinder the computer`s performance in any way.

Private Disk Lite will not inhibit you from collaborative business efforts. Data can be stored on removable magnetic media such as ZIP-disks, CDR or optical disks.You can enhance flexibility by allowing multiple users to share a single PC. Each user will be able to create their own secure area, with an individual password.

Private Disk Lite is very easy to use and is installed within minutes. Data encryption is an effortless process, requiring only the copying of files into the designated secure drive. Private Disk Lite keeps information safe and secure.

Features and Benefits

Ensures top-level security for your data
Private Disk Lite uses state of the art encryption and transport technology for secure processing and storage of confidential information. Private Disk Lite employs powerful cryptographic algorithms to ensure protection from decryption software, hackers, and other means of crypto-****ysis. Information is safe and secure from unauthorized access via physical intrusion or 3rd-party software products.

Flexible solution
Private Disk Lite allows for encrypted file storage on network or Internet servers, making this information available for collaborative purposes.

PC friendly
Private Disk Lite utilizes a powerful AES encryption algorithm, which will not interfere with hardware performance.

Fast and affordable
Private Disk Lite is simple to install, eliminating the need to involve external IT support.

Large Encryption Capacity
Private Disk Lite can support up to 2GB of encrypted space for Windows 95/98/ME users and up to 1000GB for Windows NT/2000/XP users.
System Requirements

Windows 95/98, NT4.0, 2000, ME, XP"

***********.dekart.com/pub/PrvDiskLight.exe
Old Jun 28, 2003, 12:27 PM
Veteran

thanks Whophopo thas a good one

any more?
Old Jun 28, 2003, 12:31 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Could you get some more info on that program please? Another couple of miles to scroll through ought to just about do it. Thank god this post wasn't about where to get an encyclopedia!!!!
Old Jun 28, 2003, 02:53 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by insomniac [/i]
[B]Could you get some more info on that program please? Another couple of miles to scroll through ought to just about do it. Thank god this post wasn't about where to get an encyclopedia!!!! [/B]
Hi,

It seems that the web page containig the information about the program is gone. Also when I reply to a thread I like to provide information. At least I provided information about his question. I seem to have missed it where you mentioned a program or a url that does what he want. If you don't like the way I post then use the ignore feature. If it's to hard for you to figure out how to use the ignore feature then by all means ask. Iwould be more then happy to explain it to you.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 03:02 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

No theres nothing wrong with the webpage, maybe your scroll button is worn out. Even the best ones can only take so much. If you like the program so much, why dont you encrypt your reply.

***********.dekart.com