CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 30, 2003, 02:02 PM

Default Utopia messed up my Dreamcast! Help needed

sponsored links

I put in the Utopia boot disk and the reindeer guy came up. I put in my back up and it goes to the utility screen(clock settings, play audio, etc). SO after that I put in a legitimate dreamcast game and it goes to the utility screen. Now I cant play back ups or normal games!Maybe it would help if I clear internal memory, anyone know how to do that? Please help I dont want to bury my precious dreamcast.
Old Jul 01, 2003, 09:11 PM

i think you can clear the memory by keeping the dc unplugged for a few hours. not 100% sure, but its worth a try.
Old Jul 01, 2003, 09:57 PM

No disc can messed up your system unless it's in really ****ed up shape or dirty. It sounds like your laser might have died. If you're lucky it's just dirty.

I worked at a game store and i had my Dreamcast there for display and I had to clean the lens every couple of days due to the ridiculous amount of dust that builds up in the store.

If you want to clean it, take a a q-tip and LIGHLTLY put a SMALL amount of alcohol and press it SOFTLY against the lens. Be careful though!
Old Jul 02, 2003, 04:40 PM

I have to disagree with Hacker999. You can screw up the internal memory stuff because I did it.

Heres how it happened.

I have a PAL Dreamcast. Whilst on holiday in the USA I bought a dreamcast magazine with a demo disk on it. On the disk was Dreamkey Version 2.
When I got back to the UK I used Utopia to boot up the demo disk and start dreamkey. I was prompted to put in my ISPS details, which I didnt know because I had always used dreamkey 1. I tried to cancel out, but it had already wiped out the internet info stored internally on the Dreamcast.

I was unable to get dreamkey 1 working again, I eventually managed to recover the situation when Dreamkey version 3 came out.

Anyway that doesnt really help you with your problem, but I thought it was worth a mention.
Old Jul 03, 2003, 09:52 AM
Veteran

Default Re: Utopia messed up my Dreamcast! Help needed

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Satans Minion [/i]
[B]I put in the Utopia boot disk and the reindeer guy came up. I put in my back up and it goes to the utility screen(clock settings, play audio, etc). SO after that I put in a legitimate dreamcast game and it goes to the utility screen. Now I cant play back ups or normal games!Maybe it would help if I clear internal memory, anyone know how to do that? Please help I dont want to bury my precious dreamcast. [/B]
1Unplug all dreamcast controller

2Put the controller plug in the second socket only

3Now turn on your dreamcast

4After it loads then press all four buttons aybx + start button that should be it buddy