CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 30, 2003, 08:06 PM

Default a bootable copied psx cd?

sponsored links

I know that this seems like a real lame question, but I got to thinking, can these newer DVD/CD burners copy the PSX boot sectors? Has anybody tried? just about all those that copy these games already have there councle chipped, so I was wondering if anybody can test this on a councel that is not chipped. I would try it myself but unfortunitly I had to get rid of mine do to lack of funding, but as soon as I get my PS2 back I will try coping a psx game and try to load it in the PS2.

The only reason why I ask this is because I find it real odd that these new burners can copy just about anything else (SD2, securerom, whatever) but unable to copy the boot sector(s) that the PSX uses.

forgive the lame question, but I just had to ask because of the way the burners are advanceing, and for those that already have their councel chipped, how would they know?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 08:16 PM
Veteran

SD2, securerom, whatever are completely different to the PSX boot sectors. Also newer burners can not copy newer securom.
Perhaps you should read this: ********club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=48477 all 26 pages.
Old Jul 01, 2003, 07:26 AM

thank you for the reply and not for flamin me on such a crazy question. That info from that link is really interesting, it is wierd that such an old protection is *un-crackable* to this day.

Lets hope that PC game creaters/coders dont get the same idea.....
Old Jul 01, 2003, 07:28 AM
Veteran

It's not that it's un-crackable, its that the protection method is just impractical. The disks are made with errors on them which no burner will ever attempt to re-create.
Old Jul 01, 2003, 02:27 PM

it's best you try something else
Old Jul 01, 2003, 07:44 PM

"The disks are made with errors on them which no burner will ever attempt to re-create."
Absolute RUBBISH!!! There are NO errors on PSX cds.