CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 03, 2003, 08:14 PM

sponsored links

I know I was right.
Have posted in that thread myself, under different name, but the end result is out of reach if what Sony claim is true.
According to evidence Sony gave in an Australian court case, which they lost, they state that the protection is in an area of cd that pc cd readers cannot reach.
Old Jul 09, 2003, 06:31 PM

Actually, that is not true. They are able to read the copy protection in PC CD-ROM drives (how do you think that BLEEM! and Virtual Game Station was able to load origional PSX games and not copies of em, assuming that you didnt apply a crack to them to play a copied game.) I know this because I had both BLEEM! and Virtual game station, and under the origional versions (as in, not hacked), they would not load copied PSX games, but once patched, then, and only then, they would load a copied PSX game. They did this for a reason, and that was to keep sony off of their backs, which did not work in the long run.

I point out again to read all the way through that linked thread. They are able to read the copy protection, but do to the way it is layed out, it can not be re-created.......yet.......
Old Jul 09, 2003, 08:23 PM

That is exactly what I posted in that thread and others posted saying that uncracked versions would also run copies.
Besides the cracks allowed copies of Bleem and VGS to run.
Old Jul 09, 2003, 10:02 PM
Veteran

Seem to recall that BLEEM wanted to use Sony's protection scheme, but Sony told them to piss off. So if they were using something to varify games, then it was not based on whatever Sony was/is using.
Old Jul 09, 2003, 10:57 PM

Yes, and Sony sued Bleem out of business, bought out Connectix and eventually sold that to Microshit after killing off Virtual Game Station.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 04:45 PM

Yep, tis a sad thing actually. Bleem had good speed (but poor compatibility and timing issues) and connectix had great compatibility (but poor/low GFX detail). Why Microcr@p never took what either of them have done and try to cash in on the market is beyond me.

BTW, I am starting to think that this topic has out-lived its usefullnes.... the question was posted and answered.... I think this should be closed or just left alone so it may die in peace.