CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 09, 2003, 01:44 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

The information about cylinders and heads relates to the physical properties of the hard drive and is not relevant to your problem. There should be, on a sticker somewhere on the drive near the bay where the jumpers go in (which is between the IDE cable and the power lead ...) - there should be a block diagram which represents the pins of the jumper connector. (maybe 9 pins or so). Now, as you know a jumper covers 2 pins - on that diagram there will be "blacked out" areas which represent a jumper in that position, and next to it is will say something like "MA", "SL" or "CS" - you need to put the jumper in so that your configuration looks like the "SL" configuration on the diagram.
Old Jul 09, 2003, 02:47 PM
Veteran

i am gonna throw the bloody thing out of the window in a minute , it is doing my head in, i have now altered the jumpers and am getting the message once again, operating sytem not found, wtf is going on,

i only want the drive as a place to stroe stuff not as the main drive, and it seems to be loading up as the main drive even after i set the jumpers to slave, why is this doing it? is it time i took it to someone who knows what they are doing? but thats gonna cost me
Old Jul 09, 2003, 02:52 PM
Veteran

You sure you have the original drive as master? And you've checked your BIOS is set to boot from Primary Master ...
Old Jul 09, 2003, 02:57 PM
Veteran

Leave the jumper(s) off then try it. What brand and model is it?
Old Jul 09, 2003, 04:10 PM
Veteran

its the one from the link on page one, an ibm deskstar model number is:- ic35l100avva07-0

someone has told me to put on master on its own and fdisk, but how the **** do i fdisk it? when all that comes up is a black screen saying operating sytem not found, i don't want an operatimg sytem i want it as extra stroage
Old Jul 09, 2003, 04:20 PM
Veteran

right folks

this is what i am doing tell me what to do please where i go wrong as i know i am wrong

i put all leads in etc, i turn on pc as normal, and it says:- operating sytem not found

right i have read something about putting in a floppy disc? where do i get that what do i do etc etc

can someone please tell me in simple instructions