CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 13, 2003, 05:13 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

anou2
the only thing i can say about the case is that the 350W PSU being active may run your system ok, the rest is up to you, you may not be impressed with the design quality i dont know, but there again you might, it depends on what you want from a case and what you are prepaired to pay, if you want to cool the inside down a bit add a fan/s
Old Jul 13, 2003, 06:23 AM
Veteran

Lee2003
As Azn Spikes said have a bash at cooling your case and practise cooling solutions you like that are effective, and you must have got it wrong about the top fan blowing in, a blowhole as one position & one function, it has to be on the top of the case and blow air out, have you ever seen a whale with a blowhole on its side, or a saying "there she sucks" :-)

If you have a rear mount above the pci cards buy A good fan to go there as an extractor. Strategically place remaining fan/s you have as close to the top of the case as possible or , case mods ive done like this include 4 coloured fans like yours in a group to make a 16x16cm blowhole, I also did one for someone with simmilar fans where I grouped 3 in a line to make a 8X24cm blowhole, to do this you will have to make a template out of hardboard the size of the top of the case and cut out the holes then fit the fans to the hardboard(I use hardboard as it is easy to work with), when you have masterd the template tape it to the top of the case and draw your cut out lines and drill holes, for top cooling performance there is no point in the case drawing air into the case fan/side panel holes half way up the case above the pci cards and CPU, or using a fan to put air into the case, two fans blowing warm air out can be twice as effective as 1 in & 1 out, air must drawn in from the bottom of the case, if you have pci case slot covers remove them, the best way is to cut vent slots in the side panels (you can do it to the bottom of the case if its not a server tower and you dont weaken the feet moutings), i did a mod for someone where i cut 2X 2cm slots along the bottom of the panel opposite the the mobo covered them from the inside with a mesh grille ad put a neon behind it.

Once you start modding you will either like it and make lots of mods to your case or not, I do lots of case mods, if you want ideas or advice email, as I never know when im visiting the CDR-G and dont know if the mods LOL
are bothered about going on about case mods
[email]C0UGARUK@aol.com[/email]

Last edited by C0UGAR UK; Jul 13, 2003 at 06:27 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 08:24 AM

Can i just add additional fans? The one i have just now sounds like a jet engine........ and i am going to get sucked in there.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
Veteran

Yes you can, you can either use ****ogue controlled fans such as Enermax and fit 3 or 4 blowholes, the more blowholes you fit the quieter it will be because you can turn the fan speeds down to get the same CFM as 1 at full speed and they will be practically silent, running at 1/2 speed you probably wont hear themor you can buy fans such as the YS-Tech FD8125 silent 8cm fans that i use that are decent and will run at both 5V & 12V, make or buy a Baybus that has a 12V/off/5V operation
each switch will for instance, flick up supplying 12V to the connected fan/s, down to supply 5V to the connected fan/s, and center for off, there should be an LED above and below each switch, you could fit 4 of the fans i mentioned above run them at 5V and you will not hear them above the CPU cooler and the PSU, but you cannot just stick them anywhere having them suck'n'blow just causing a useless draught, there is no point having a intake fan when an exaust fan will extract air and draw the same ammount of air in for free, fit 1 or 2 fans above the PCI cards and the rest as blowholes, all the fans should blow air out of the case and they should draw air in from the bottom , if the side panel vents are on the top of the panel cover them and make some on the bottom (slots or holes), this will keep your case temp near enough room temperature, to see how effective it is check case temp before & after cooling fans are fitted when the room is bout the same temp
Old Jul 20, 2003, 11:14 AM

My fan speed also reads this:

Nominal cpu fan speed - 6000

Current - 4354

Minimum Threshold - 2200

Is this right?
Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:58 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Van Nugent [/i]
[B][url=********mbm.livewiredev.com/]MBM is what I'm using. With MBM, you can even shut the system down (with Windows shutdown.exe) when the temp's or fan RPM's go out of the settings that you've set. [/B]
hey, sorry to jump on this post but i have MBM 5 and want to know how to go about to set it up so my computer turns of when the cpu reaches a certain temp.

TIA