CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:02 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

very possible. and if if anything else it could be the dvd drive in the xbox. What brand do you have? some ppl say that thompsons are crap, phillips have trouble with dvd+r mostly and the samsung is the king ****. Personally I have a samsuing, and it plays anything i can throw at it, including cd-r. dvd-r movies that play in my xbox won't play in my buddy's xbox with a thompson drive. they some picky pieces of machinery.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:21 PM

That's the next thing I have to check. I was hoping to leave taking the xbox apart again for the last resort but that's starting to gain momentum as possible resolutions become exhausted. I also have a buddy who is able to play anything he puts in his. The only reason I'm not sure it's the type of drive I have is because my xbox plays burned games that are burned on the exact same types of blanks that the movies are on that won't play. If it was the drive not liking the type of media I would think the inability to play them would be present for the games as well as the movies. Maybe I'll try to find a new version of Nero and see if that does the trick. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:46 PM

i have the same problem i used the same programs and burn my films on datawrite 1x yellow tops but the films don't work but i have about 20 xbox games on these discs they all work
Old Jul 14, 2003, 12:53 PM
Veteran

I think that could WELL be a problem version of Nero m8.
It's well documented in the DVD sections of this forum :-)
Old Jul 14, 2003, 01:53 PM

Well I guess I'm trying another version of Nero and trying it. I ran this past my buddy who's xbox plays everything and he said he was fairly certain he was using the same version of Nero as me. But at this point I'm desperate for a resolution. Cleo, I'm certainly not happy to hear about your problems but it is making feel a tad better to know that my problem is not unique. I know it's not me!

By the way, anyone have any leads on some of the DVD threads documenting this problem?
Old Jul 14, 2003, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Have you tried using DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink V2.3 (DVD shrink is legally free) and it will decrypt the movies on it's own. You will need to use Nero or Recordnow Max (my personal recommendation) to actually burn the movie once it is decrypted. With DVD Decrypter any movie that fits onto a single disc without having to be ripped, compressed, ect. can simply be burned using ISO mode. Just read in ISO mode to the Computer's Harddrive and then select the ISO file and write it (in ISO mode) back to a blank DVD-R and you will have a perfect working backup.