CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:04 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

As mentioned by others try different software. I prefer Recordnow Max over Nero. I also use DVD Shrink 2.3 instead of DVD2ONE. If all else fails get ahold of DVD X COPY Xpress as they apparently fixed some incompatibility issues (V2.5 works on my XBOX). The only thing that stinks is that you lose the menu.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:10 AM

I guess I'm at that point where I have no choice but to try different software. This is very frustrating. I'm also going to upgrade my firmware on my drive and see what that does. There has to be a reason why my buddy can use the same software I'm using and get his to work. His version of Nero and firmware version on his drive are the only two difference between his setup and mine. If my problem has something to do with my processor speed or something off the wall like that, I'm throwing every electronic apparatus in my house out and moving into a tent.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:04 PM

I mean get rid of all of the protection, menus etc. Just have the plain movie VOB files. and the audio files
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:30 PM

Most of the movies I've burned have been just the ripped movie, no menus, deleted scenes, extras, etc. It doesn't seem to matter. They just won't play.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 02:32 PM
Veteran

Seems with all this beating about the bush you could have dropped Smartripper and replaced with DVDdecrypter and Nero to be replaced with Stomp RNM. I would virtually guarantee your DVD will then work. Dont blame drive firmware as I believe it's down to how the data is being written by the burning app.
As loathed as you appear to be to ditch Nero (you can still use it for music etc if you wish) it really is the best option. prassi/stomp are PROVEN apps for movie burning. All the time and blanks you have so far wasted trying to problem solve what is a very well documented shortfall in the Nero product could have seen you making endless coppies elsewhere.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 02:53 PM

There's one of my concerns that could be alleviated. Is RNM compatible with Nero so that I can have them on the same machine? If I can I certainly wouldn't be so set against using RNM. And it's not that I'm really loathe to switch. It's more like I know someone who is able to use SmartRipper/DVD2One/Nero to make copies that work on his Xbox AND mine and it's creating a serious bug up my butt to make it work for me. I know it can be done. Why can't I make it work? Maybe that's just too much macho crap and I should just let it go and move on.