CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 14, 2003, 02:59 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Wouldn't be a problem for me at all. I'd just delete that email address, and create a new sneakemail address for cdrom guide. Any spam sent to the address you posted would just get bounced back.

I learnt my lessons the hard way, many email addresses later, I have beaten spam.

Old Jul 15, 2003, 06:46 AM
Veteran

I think we all learnt the hard way, worse thing being that you have to give up th email address that you liked and managed to register in your name before someone else got it registered
Old Jul 15, 2003, 07:01 AM
Veteran

just setup a few email accounts. One free one for anything that involves a less than reputable website and one for people you "trust." My hotmail account (I'm sure you can guess the address ) gets about 300 pieces of spam a day, and it all gets deleted right away, straight into the junk mail folder. My ISP account only gets emails from family and friends................no legal threats won't get your name of spam lists, but I'd sure like to make the a$$holes pay!!!!
Old Jul 15, 2003, 08:23 AM
Veteran

I learnt, after [email]philmeehan@btinternet.com[/email], [email]philmeehan1@btinternet.com[/email] and [email]philmeehanuk@btinternet.com[/email] all got deluged with spam emails. Now I hae it sorted, thank god, no more spam for me.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 02:17 AM

alot of spammers dont use servers that are connected with them ...... usually some open relay server ..... but i dont know how to beat it myself ..... if you have anyone with some IIS vulerablility knowledge could probably help you get the address off LOL