CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7  
Old Jul 24, 2003, 01:31 PM
Loud_Minority Loud_Minority is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 54
Default

sponsored links

 
Would the fact that I don't own a PC screw my ablility to burn an Xbox Bios to DVD/CD rom?
  #8  
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:51 PM
ps2daddy ps2daddy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Loud_Minority [/i]
[B]Would the fact that I don't own a PC screw my ablility to burn an Xbox Bios to DVD/CD rom? [/B]
No it should work fine www.xbox-scene.com should have all the tools you need I am rebuilding and xbox and I will be modding it in about 2 weeks.

You need to install a modchip
Flash the modchip with a new bios to play backups
Install Evox to the hard drive and then you can burn games

The PS2 was so much simpler once you installed the chip you would just burn the games

Last edited by ps2daddy; Jul 24, 2003 at 11:56 PM.
  #9  
Old Jul 25, 2003, 12:01 AM
Loud_Minority Loud_Minority is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 54
Default

No joke, the PS2 is so much easier....The Xbox has so many little steps. (reminds me of ripping DC games) Are you going to put in a 120gig HD or bigger in your Xbox? Im thinking of going to the 120 that should be good enough for me. I am also interested in the Xbox Emulaters. Would be nice to play all those Capcom Fighters.
  #10  
Old Jul 25, 2003, 10:55 AM
ps2daddy ps2daddy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,154
Default

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Loud_Minority [/i]
[B]No joke, the PS2 is so much easier....The Xbox has so many little steps. (reminds me of ripping DC games) Are you going to put in a 120gig HD or bigger in your Xbox? Im thinking of going to the 120 that should be good enough for me. I am also interested in the Xbox Emulaters. Would be nice to play all those Capcom Fighters. [/B]
I think 140Gb is the max
120 is the normal max but I think you can do something to expand it to 140 maximum.

I might stick a 30GB Harddrive in there later

Look at www.xbox-scene.com there are some links downloads and turoials that are very helpful there
  #11  
Old Jul 31, 2003, 10:11 AM
ps2daddy ps2daddy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,154
Default

Well phase one is complete I have managed to find some xbox parts and I peiced one together (might be able to make it 2 xboxes soon I hope)

Now if I can just convince the wife to let me buy the chip
  #12  
Old Aug 28, 2003, 05:54 PM
probeater probeater is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: London
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by ps2daddy [/i]
[B]I think 140Gb is the max
120 is the normal max but I think you can do something to expand it to 140 maximum.

I might stick a 30GB Harddrive in there later

Look at www.xbox-scene.com there are some links downloads and turoials that are very helpful there [/B]
Apparently you will be able to use any size harddrive in the xbox soon ( look at the news on xbox-scene today) imagine a 300 harddrive in it
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wich Xbox Chip??? CyberTiger335 Video Game Backup - Xbox 3 Aug 18, 2003 01:12 AM
Getting an Xbox in 2 weeks! What Chip? CRASH HARD Video Game Backup - Xbox 32 Apr 09, 2003 06:46 PM
xbox chip STEVE4127 Video Game Backup - Xbox 1 Jan 19, 2003 09:52 AM
MODS here is the FAQ for Xbox Media Player b6 that i promised. soner44 Video Game Backup - Xbox 7 Oct 23, 2002 04:09 AM
i will buy xbox soon, is the chip good enough? sega88 Video Game Backup - Xbox 12 Sep 01, 2002 08:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1996-2009 CDROM-Guide.com. All rights reserved