CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 28, 2003, 08:30 PM

Default .ISO files

sponsored links

I have recently downloaded some Dreamcast games and they are in .ISO format. I have read some forums and FAQ's but I'm still not quite sure. One game is just a single .iso file while the other has a .iso file along with a .sfv, .cue, .nfo (each of these three files is only 1kb)

My question is how do I burn an .iso file? Especially with the small 1kb files. I have discjuggler but i read that Easy CD Creator can burn iso files. My copy of Easy CD Creator did not seem to recognize the format.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:19 PM

I would use nero to burn the isos, especially the one with the .cue

Just open up nero and click file, go down to burn image, then click on the load cue dialog box, and if the cue points to the iso correctly, then it should prompt you to pick a speed at which to burn at and viola.. u have burned the iso successfully. There are a few other programs that will burn from cue files (CDRWIN) and a bunch that will burn just the isos themselves (RecordNowMAx)

The only thing is that from my personal experiances, any DC game that is in iso format usually requires the utopia boot disc. Your best bet is to stick to cdi images as those are almost always self boot.

Hope this helps

_SHinD
Old Jul 29, 2003, 01:11 AM

I actually got the single .iso to burn using discjuggler and will try and burn the other .iso with Nero like you said. Someone provided me with a boot disc so I don't have to worry about that. Thanks for the advice.