CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 06, 2003, 02:30 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

this was a v7 ps2 w/ a messiah installed, and it worked for 5 weeks then it died... i have now taken out the laser and put it on my badly worn out v4 and all is well...

Thats strange as V4 and V7 lasers are not compatible. CD games may play, but not a hope in hell of playiong DVD's

yeah there are no lights. is there anyone who can be trusted and can check it and fix it for me thankx.

If your in the UK I can m8....fixed loads and loads

Check my refs
Old Aug 06, 2003, 07:58 PM

sorry im in the US
Old Aug 07, 2003, 04:47 PM
Veteran

Where's your "thread on V4 Laser Calibration" I would like to see what you got.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 05:18 PM

Hey i have a V4 but my lights come on but the tryy does not open. When i press it...it blinks and then nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 12, 2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Fix your V4 ps2 DRE & bad mod install

For some reason my ps2 is making a wierd staticky noise at boot. It doesnt play any games as well (ps2 or ps1). When i place any disk in the drive it reads it for about 30 sec. before i get a no data confermation. I tried to calibrate the lens and even adjusted the two small screws on the back of the lens a bit and nothing. Is there something that im missing here or is my ps2 garbage? Ive installed 7 magic3.1 chips before so i dout that i did something wrong while taking my system apart to check it.Please help.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Re: Fix your V4 ps2 DRE & bad mod install

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by beto1 [/i]
[B]For some reason my ps2 is making a wierd staticky noise at boot. It doesnt play any games as well (ps2 or ps1). When i place any disk in the drive it reads it for about 30 sec. before i get a no data confermation. I tried to calibrate the lens and even adjusted the two small screws on the back of the lens a bit and nothing. Is there something that im missing here or is my ps2 garbage? Ive installed 7 magic3.1 chips before so i dout that i did something wrong while taking my system apart to check it.Please help. [/B]
I had same problem with Strange Sound/Static at boot after installing my Magic V modchip, to fix it I desoldered the Bios connestions that I had made, the ones to the chip not the ones on the board (hope that made sense) redid them and the sound went back to normal.