CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 09, 2003, 05:11 PM

Default Here is how to burn CDLoader and use it.

sponsored links

Hey everyone, I see there are a bunch of post's asking for help with cdloader, and how to use it with dvd games that won't work. Here is what I did using Nero Express:

1. Go to the post with the cdloader webpage on it (***********.hostultra.com/~liamv/cd_loader.htm) and download the third option which is CDRWin .bin/cue image.

2. Now burn the .cue image to a CD-R using Nero Express by opening Nero Express and clicking on Disc Image or Saved Project. A box will pop up and all you need to do is find where you downloaded the CDLoader .cue file and double click on the .cue file. (I use Memorex brand cd-r and dvd-r, and haven't had a problem with them yet)

Now that you have the .cue file burned on a cd-r, I will explain how to use it with the swap discs and a slide card or flip top lid. The web page with the cdloader download also has instructions on how to use cdloader. This explanation is for DVD-R backups that won't load up or hang.

1. Put the cd version swap disk in the PS2 and wait for it to say insert disk
2. With the slide card or flip top lid, take out the cd swap disk and insert the CDLoader disk you just burned, and hit x on the controller.
3. Cdloader should boot up, and be on your screen.
4. Hit the triangle button on your controller and the tray will open up.
5. Take out the cdloader disk and put in the DVD version swap disk and hit the triangle button again to close the tray.
6. Hit x on the controller and the cdloader screen will say to insert a dvd-r.
7. Using the slide card or flip top lid, take out the dvd swap disk and put in your back-up game, and hit x.

The game you put in should now work and your ready to go. I just did this with Silent Hill 3 which wouldn't work with just the DVD swap disk, and now it works like a charm. Post a reply and let me know if it worked for you, or if you need any help. Good Luck everyone -Chris

Last edited by chris5; Aug 09, 2003 at 05:28 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:10 AM

Have these instructions helped anyone?
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:42 AM

The method described above works like a charm. I actually figured this out over the weekend.

The only thing differently was I pressed eject instead of using Triangle to eject the tray.

My way also worked. And yes it works with Silent hill 3 and clock tower 3 as well.

Good post Chris
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:35 AM

I have a VER 1 ps2 and have tried to use this program. You are saying I don't haft to use the EA method. All I haft to do is burn the program then use the slide card with the CD swap disk and hit X? I used different media and used everything from DVD decoder to cdclone
Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:28 AM

Is it not working for you bigb0420? If you follow the directions above, it should work for you. You do need a slid card or flip top lid for this to work.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:33 AM

The only thing I haven't tried is step 2 with nero express but i have tired the newest full Ver of Nero. I have used Verbatum and silver cd-r. I will try the cue-image when i get home that the only one I haven't tried.

2. Now burn the .cue image to a CD-R using Nero Express by opening Nero Express and clicking on Disc Image or Saved Project. A box will pop up and all you need to do is find where you downloaded the CDLoader .cue file and double click on the .cue file. (I use Memorex brand cd-r and dvd-r, and haven't had a problem with them yet)