CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:41 AM
Veteran

Question How not to print errors in excel?

sponsored links

i got an excel sheet with several columns, last one is always the same (eg "ANSWER"). it's a sum with a division from cells that are mostly, but not all in use (some data is not yet known).
==> this gives this fault " #DIVIDE/0 " in the last column(ANSWER) because the empty cells are equal to zero in excel.

I need to print these, but that fault is ugly in this spreadsheet, as it occurs sometimes 5 times just below each other, then random times...

is there a way to print the sheet, but so that it doesn't print these faults?
I can delete/empty these cells but the empty cells gets updated regularly, making the last column complete bits by bits,
deleting the sum/division is not the best way.

is there an easy way to get rid of this problem?

thx in advance...
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:58 PM
Veteran

Just have an if statement in the calculation so that the div/0 error doesn't occur. e.g. if(or(a1=0,a1=""),0,b1/a1). You can format the cell to display blank or whatever in the event of a zero value.