CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:57 AM
Veteran

Default ***X-BOX backing up query***

sponsored links

psx copy, CDR backup with cdrwin or clone (been there & done it easy)

PS2 copy, DVD backup using recordnow or nero (done a couple)

X_BOX.......mmmmmmmmmmmm

if u get a backup (assume any required patches haVE already been done). Can u just use nero, cdrwin or any other prog to do a straight copy, or....

cant u do this because x-box dvd's are written from the outside inwards?
Old Aug 11, 2003, 11:06 AM
Veteran

not sure about the written outside to in, but they use a file format called FATx, and is unreadable in a regular dvd drive. u would need one of the many xbox ISO reader programs out there that u can use to view the contents of the game disc, then extract all files to HD and burn as a data disc.

If the backup was already burned as a data disc, then a regulat dvd drive will read it and copy it with no problems.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 11:07 AM
Veteran

if you haven't got the back up as an iso iso first then you need to convert it to an iso using gdfimage, simplexiso or xiso (dodgy) and then burn it as an image using nero

if you have a backup on disc then they only way i think u can do it is:
1) copy it onto your xbox hd using hdd loader or another program that'll rip the game to your hard drive
2) ftp the game folder to your pc
3) run the iso packing program
4) burn the disc using nero or what ever your burner of choice is- but make sure your burning it as image

bit of a pain but most games will be in the iso format
Old Aug 11, 2003, 11:11 AM

If you are copying a already done backup of a game then use record now max to make an image of it and burn it.. works fine for me.

If you are trying to backup a retail game you need to set up a network between your xbox and your pc, ftp over the files and use an xbox iso maker of your choice to make the iso.... then burn with record now max

_ShinD