CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:41 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

If your on 56k and havin trouble downloading link to stop this due to system rebooting do this:

You can do this to stop the computer restarting each time and give you time to install the patch.

go to START, CONTROL PANEL,ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS,COMPONENT SERVICES

then select SERVICES (local) from the left hand window. Find "REMOTE PROCEDUE CALL (RPC)" from the right hand window, right click, porperties. From the RECOVERY tab you can then set it so windows won't reboot each time.

[b]you might want to add this to 1st post,lol[/b]
Old Aug 11, 2003, 06:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by burp [/i]
[B]If your on 56k and havin trouble downloading link to stop this due to system rebooting do this:

You can do this to stop the computer restarting each time and give you time to install the patch.

go to START, CONTROL PANEL,ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS,COMPONENT SERVICES

then select SERVICES (local) from the left hand window. Find "REMOTE PROCEDUE CALL (RPC)" from the right hand window, right click, porperties. From the RECOVERY tab you can then set it so windows won't reboot each time.

[b]you might want to add this to 1st post,lol[/b] [/B]
Bloody hell, seems once you do something to counteract it, you find it still don't work because of something else and then you correct that and then something else....Very messy
Old Aug 11, 2003, 07:21 PM
Veteran

cheers Gooner,yeah a very nasty one this one!
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:53 PM
Veteran

WOW!!! This is a b*tch!! I managed to find this patch on my own...but damn!! it was hard!! This thing has been buggin me all day!!

Every one must install this patch!!
Old Aug 12, 2003, 01:17 AM
Veteran

Symantec has released its removal tool for the blaster worm you can get it here.

********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html
Old Aug 12, 2003, 03:29 AM

i suggest changing the subject to the 60 seconds of life
or something more recognizable