CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 13, 2003, 02:02 AM
Veteran

Thumbs up Ah yes... Madden NFL Football 2004!!

sponsored links

I just got the game today, Tuesday, a couple of days before it hits the stores (EB's promo.) and all I can say is if you liked last years game you will be blown away by this one! Everything has been changed.. Better graphics by far, better animation, better gameplay, very smooth running, the play calling is alot better too, no more going off to a menu you can still see the players, etc. As you can see it's just a fantastic game. So much has been put into the game I can't list it all. And if you like the online feature you'll be right at home. (I don't play online anymore.) You're not going to believe it but it tougher this year. No more money plays... heck try taking the Bucs against a top rated team and you'll see what I mean. Don't be surprised if they clean your clock! (I warned you.) So I have to give it a 10! Why a 10? It's not perfect but man it's close so a 10 will do. It's actually worth more because you'll be playing this one 'til next year easy.... See ya... CFizz

It's good to be back....

Last edited by CousinFizz; Aug 13, 2003 at 02:07 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 05:47 AM
Veteran

I'm looking forward to getting it. I though every madden on ps2 has been class.

Nel
Old Aug 14, 2003, 03:43 PM

The playaction fake is cool. They have it in NCAA Football 2004. Ea makes awesome sports titles.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 08:52 PM

Madden 2004 was available tuesday EVERYWHERE, some got it monday...
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:45 PM

Whoa, there certainly are a lot of Madden threads running around these days. Since this seems to be the review thread, I'll throw in my two bits.

Yeah the game is awesome. the only problem I have with it (if you can call it a problem) is the commentary. Yeah, I'm one of thoes few who actually enjoy hearing Al and John yammer back and forth about how awesome some team's TE is, but it could be tweaked a little better based on the situation. For example, with a minute left to go in the forth quarter and you're down by 4 and you got 80 yards to go, the last thing you wanna' hear is why the QB spiked the ball. And after EVERY fair catch, Madden explains how smart the move was.

Some of these guys are just plain scarry to control. When you throw a bullet pass with Michael Vick, it gets there in a millisecond. And when Jerome Bettis runs you over, your controller vibrates so hard, it might break your wrist.

The playmaker controls are a nice little addition to the game (a heck of a lot better than calling all-out audibles). There is definatly room for improvement there so expect even better in M2k5.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the "Owner's mode" is so awesome. It lets you have control over every aspect of the organization (The team, stadium, ticket prices, advertisments, etc..)

I have a... uhmmm... [i]pre-release[/i] copy, but I'm definatly gonna' pick this up tomorrow. I'm not sure if the final release is up to date with the actual going-ons in the NFL, but the pre-release is at least 2 months behind (Un-named rookies, Dallas with no coach, etc).

I use to be in the Sega series, but I have converted over. Madden is too good.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 04:12 PM

The game is excellent it's rated 96% from an average of 6 sites.
The game is rated overall 5th best since the year 2000 !!!!
PS2 Overall Rank since 2000 is #1

Don't believe me > ********gameratio.com/index/gamesummary.php?id=4932