CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:51 PM

sponsored links

is sega nfl2k4 that bad? What's wrong with it?
Old Aug 20, 2003, 01:28 AM

well, I haven't played it, but the thing that's wrong with it is that it comes out a month after Madden. thats a bad move from them and a no-no in terms of trying to compete with Madden, especially when people anxiously wait for the football games to come out. Unless, of course, they know they will lose the competition, and are putting out the game for their few true fans.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 10:50 AM

Exactly EA takes a bigger audience and sells more then Sega for that reason . People usually cant wait and people ca't afford 2 games
Old Aug 20, 2003, 04:13 PM

Kind of sad in that fact that it's a race to put these games out (This has always been a problem with NBA LIVE vs. Sega NBA series since there are soo many late trades and drafts). But in that respect, Madden will win every time. If there is one thing that Sega hasen't really excelled at, it's getting a game out on time and in full.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 05:34 PM

i understand about sega releasing the game a month later but it be a strategy. Some people like i will wait before i buy, rent them both and see what's better. Now i don't care cause i just will burn them both. I guess you can call me a sega fan. I must say that this madden is very well done ..a lot better than that crap last year. Only time will tell about madden vs nfl series!
Old Aug 21, 2003, 04:52 AM
Veteran

Take my word for it Madden wins hands down. After playing the ESPN Sega 2K4 demo a few times I was really let down... the gameplay just wasn't there and the whole game seemed to fall apart from the very begining of play. I really can't put my finger on it but it was a really bad experience. Some of the players seemed to run weird too. I mean laying back while running just looks strange! It doesn't seem real this year. It had it's day and I played the Sega game alot over the years but I think it's time has come to leave the park unless between now and it's release something is done to save it. (yeah right) But you'll have to choose...

BTW, the Madden 2004 PS2 backup is really good this year and the actual game on the X-Box is really nice too... It's one of the toughest Maddens ever made so again it's your move as to which one to get. Take care.

Last edited by CousinFizz; Aug 21, 2003 at 04:56 AM.