CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 15, 2003, 12:30 AM
Veteran

Default does Walmart actually check for the void warranty sticker?

sponsored links

do you guys know, because i just bought a new xbox with a samsung drive and i asked the guy if i could return it. He said "dont even think about modding it because if the warranty seal shows that youve opened the xbox, then we wont accept your xbox". If this is the case, is there a method to remove the stickers without messing them up?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 12:51 AM

try useing steam or a hair dryair to let the glue come appart from the label, now carefuly i mean carefuly peal back the label , to make it look untuch put tape on the end of the tork driver so u dont get the scruw all mest up, when your done just reheat the label, an it will look like a new xbox that has never been touch.

if u see the same guy when u return it walk away. same thing happend to my friend an he got busted, they open the xbox up an check the sireal from the mobo to see if the dvd drive was the same sirial as the mobo an it wasent, havent seen him in about 2 moths lol. that realy sux.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 12:57 AM
Veteran

damn, that sucks. Which store did he buy the xbox from?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 03:05 PM

No good. I recently removed the large silver microsoft sticker with a hair dryer and when I put it back it left a chess board pattern where i pealed it
(it was a v 1.2 LE green xbox FYI)
Old Aug 15, 2003, 08:36 PM
Veteran

damn, there has to be a way
Old Aug 15, 2003, 11:12 PM

the new green ones do that, m$ figured that out, but if u have a gray silver stiker is all right, v1 or v1.1, i did it an it was all new an they dint tell me nothing, just take it back to another wm.

i warn u again do not bend the stiker if u heat the glue enought it should just slide out if u jigle it side to side.