CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 21, 2003, 03:42 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Better media will make a difference, but the thomson and phillips drives are crap, so the media wont make those drives as good as the samsung. Probably the reason why M$ changed to that drive, but I wouldnt like to buy a new xbox with a drive that was changed, so I can see the reason why he would want to change the drive to a samsung. But at the same time, that still doesnt make it right to change it and return it. If he can get away with it, cool. If you buy something that you know has been tampered with, then take it back right away.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 10:42 PM
Veteran

mr mothumos.
if you do your theiving properly, nobody knows the difference. just for you info i've done this myself, and saw the guy put the xbox back in the glass case HIMSELF. don't tell me they won't sell at full retail, buddy.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:37 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by xxxicethixxx [/i]
[B]yay, i just returned it back without a problem. They just checked to see if the numbers on the xbox matched with the box. They didnt even bother opening up the xbox to check the seal. [/B]
hi so does this mean i can rip the inside of the xbox and put some bricks
inside it
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:58 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by backup2k1 [/i]
[B]hi so does this mean i can rip the inside of the xbox and put some bricks
inside it [/B]
LMAO, I was thinking of putting in PS1 parts
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:48 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Devil-Man [/i]
[B]mr mothumos.
if you do your theiving properly, nobody knows the difference. just for you info i've done this myself, and saw the guy put the xbox back in the glass case HIMSELF. don't tell me they won't sell at full retail, buddy. [/B]
So are you telling me that after you did your thieving and got your refund, you waited around until someone came to the service desk, and then you followed them all the way to make sure he put it back on the shelf to be re-sold? Thats highly unpracticle because they would need a long time to check the item and then a long time to set it back into the box into new looking status. The box itself has stickers on both ends and the only way to look inside would rip part of the cardboard layer which would look as if someone opened it, and then to tape it back up they usually just use the clear take they have around, anyone who is shopping for an xbox would see that the box has been opened if they look at it. I would never buy a box that looks as if it's been opened.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 12:53 PM

You guys are just going to make it harder for people who really do have to return something for a real reason. Don't think stores are going to stay stupid like that. Eventually they will make refunds harder, just like cicuit city is now doing. They ask for your name and all your info, they even ask for your drivers license. They write it all on a computer. If many people do like you guys keep doing this, more stores are going to do this on refunds watch, or they just won't refund certain items once opened, like they do with games.

Last edited by Mothumos; Aug 22, 2003 at 12:57 PM.