CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 22, 2003, 04:44 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mothumos [/i]
[B]You guys are just going to make it harder for people who really do have to return something for a real reason. Don't think stores are going to stay stupid like that. Eventually they will make refunds harder, just like cicuit city is now doing. They ask for your name and all your info, they even ask for your drivers license. They write it all on a computer. If many people do like you guys keep doing this, more stores are going to do this on refunds watch, or they just won't refund certain items once opened, like they do with games. [/B]
really?? then why does circuit city have those commercials on "no questions asked" when doing a return? :-P
Old Aug 22, 2003, 11:54 PM

I haven't seen one of those commercials in a long time. Anyway, what you're doing is wrong. Think about the kid that knows nothing about modding, that buys the Xbox, and it doesn't work. They try to take it back, but the warranty is voided cause you opened it up, so they're screwed.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 01:23 AM
Veteran

edited...
said some dumb **** back then, must've been drunk

Last edited by Devil-Man; Nov 30, 2003 at 06:16 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 06:10 PM

wot a parasitic looser u r devil-man & the other turds that would buy a xbox then "steal" the samsung drive if it had one.... some poor shmuck does get burnt by yr lazy indifference...

If I bring my shite-box old 73 morris minor over to your place and swap it for your new chevvy or whatever you'd be pi$sed off... it is stealing and u can riddle me this that or whatever ... it doesn't change it....

I am surprised to read this here.... I think most blokes are decent but you and other like u DO get yr rewards in the end.... the wheel of life turns !

I think this goes too far ! gives all hackers a really BAD name
Old Nov 29, 2003, 06:27 PM
Veteran

If you pay with a credit card its connected to your receipt.

btw, any store can limit how many things you can return. I think a adult going in looking nice & talking nice has a great chance.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 06:02 PM
Veteran

well, it is pretty low down to swap out dvd drives.it all comes down to morals. you have alternatives... you can pick up a modded samsung 616t for around 60-90 or an orignal brand new 605b for 80 shipped overnight via fed-ex.

xbox drive quality order:

1: samsung

2: phillips (contrary to belief these drives arent that bad)

3: thompson (these drives suck, though i have had 1 that played cheap dvd-r, the others required good media... verbatim dvd-r work flawless with all drives)