CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 15, 2003, 01:39 AM

Default Word XP, when I copy/paste 2 word the doc has 2 be open first b4 I cut or wont paste

sponsored links

I think I'm having a problem w/ Word XP, when I cut & paste to word, the doc has 2 be open first before I cut or won't paste. For example, If I want to cut something from the web and paste it to word, I must make sure the word document is open first then I can only cut or copy the paragraph from the internet and paste it. If I copy and close the browser and open Word XP it won't paste it.

I initially thought this was because I had Office 2000 and Word XP was not compatible with it. But I noticed my other dell computer only has Office XP and it does the samething. I've accidentally lost a few items because of this. If you copy or cut from another word document and close it before opening a blank one, you will lose it when you try to paste it. It does paste it to note pad though.

For those of you who have Word XP, try it and see if it happens to you. I hope this makes sense. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.