CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 16, 2003, 10:11 AM
suspended

Cool HOT NEWS - Pinnacle Instant Copy 8

sponsored links

This is hot of the press and 100% accurate as it comes direct from Pinnacle.

My buddy [B]TheMadGuy[/B] who is the author of the prog [I]Instant Copy Hidden settings editor[/I] has just emailed me with the following great news:-

Quote:
Pinnacle Instant Copy 8

The release is planned for early September and the biggest changes are:

* Direct to disc mode (reading, background encoding and writing at the same time - all media types)

* Fast mode

* Customizing content (remove video titles,etc..)

* InstantDrive CD/DVD emulation

Also it will feature movie only with and without menu

This info comes from pinnacle directly , they recently
got in touch with me Contacted me via doom9.
September as in next month, can't wait!!!
Old Aug 16, 2003, 12:42 PM
Veteran

Seems like someone has got hold of a copy already. not that i would use it anyway. cce is the only re-encoding prog for me.

***********.nforce.nl/nfos/clear_txt.php?id=40334
Old Aug 21, 2003, 10:41 AM
suspended

Thumbs up

Here's the latest on this thanks once again to [B]TheMadGuy[/B] who just posted this at CDRBase.com forums:-

[QUOTE]Hi All!

Pinnacles announces the upcoming Versions 8 of InstantCopy & InstantCD/DVD officially!

The press release is so far only available in german [URL=***********.pinnaclesys.com/aboutus/NewsMessage.asp?id=2460&Langue_ID=4]here!

Just translating the prize and availability part:

Quote:
InstantCopy 8 will be available mid September at a prize of 39 euros incl. vat and InstantCD/DVD 8 will be available early October for 69 euros incl. vat. For owners of their predecessors there will be an upgradeprogramm available.
And this will be new to InstantCopy 8

Quote:
• Direct-to-Disc-Function: shortly after the start of the copy process the software will parallel to reading and encoding start burning.
This will save the user a lot of time.

• High-Speed-Mode: For all those who are in a hurry, can now select a four times faster copying mode. Though the quality will still reach the the level of InstantCopys competitors on the market.

• Content Selection: single audio-, video-, subtitle-, navigational- and DVD-Rom contents can be (de)selected indiviually. Enabling the user to only copy what he actually wants to see and hear.

• InstantDrive: complete CDs und DVDs can be directly and fast copied on this virtuell drive which resists on the harddisk. These „Disk-Images“
can be played and checked with any DVD-Player-Software previous to burning them.
Quote:
Maybe not the best translation , but beats bablefish

Greetnx
Sounding great!
Old Aug 21, 2003, 02:34 PM

Just want to let u guyz know that it's available on full ISO and in english on 1 of the Newsgroups that I can not give it out in the forum. I just got it 2-3 days ago...!!!

TT69US
Old Aug 24, 2003, 06:02 AM

yes i got it as well, but not tryed it yet!
Old Aug 24, 2003, 11:33 AM
Veteran

Tried it out on the lord of the rings the two towers extras disc, 6.9gb. i saw people saying #7 was making under sized encodes. well #8 does too then, the finished disc came out at 4.18gb instead of 4.36gb.

Don't know if #7 has this or not as i never tried it. there is an option in #8 for encoding at either speed or quality. i put it on quality and the finished disc took 4hrs on my crap 800mhz p3. The finished disc looked good on my widescreen tv with only a few blockies noticable on fast scenes. i still will be using cce for all my encodes as i like the best quality possible. nothing can touch cce until someone makes an instant copy that can do multi pass encoding. but if you are a total newb or a lazy git. then instant copy 8 is probably the best quality you guys are going to get.