CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 20, 2003, 10:03 AM

sponsored links

To clear up a few pointers for peeps !!

1/ As originally stated this will play on a VCD Player, not on Winamp (i am currently working out how i can get it to CDG , THEN TO mp3+g !!, I HOPE !)

2/ As you can imagine i have got to endeavor to get ALL the numbers of the wheel on the disc, I can use either the number version with a single ZERO on the wheel or another version with a DOUBLE ZERO aswell as the single zero on the wheel, SO IN EFFECT TWO SETS OF ZEROS, one single ,one double are show, these will also be on the in the number sheets i have devised,

I am currently working on getting the wheel spinning before the number selection.3/ the problem is getting the spin to happen ,etc and maintain some form of quality of the picture , ( this is in the VCD EDITION ), the DVD VERSION will not have a quality issue.

I have played around with various software to get what i think, should be an acceptable quality, but you must all be aware i have got to get 76 CLIPS onto a 74 min disc, which means each clip must be no longer than approx 50 secs !!! max. 10 mbs approx

The testing i have done on what i have here so far ( which is a toy wheel and a video camera !! ), have come out very favourable !.

I HASTEN TO ADD BEFORE I RECIEVE A FLOOD OF POSTS !!,
"THIS WILL NOT BE DONE ON THE FINAL VERSION, REAL WHEEL, REAL FILM, AND GOOD TITLES.

All i just ask now is a bit of time for me to get what i have paid for ,
through the post at the end of the week,
and , more importantly TIME !!, to put my idea together, and i hope you will be all patient who have already asked / emailed me,
and let me do "the business".

I have not ,and will not respond to any emails or requests, at present, until i know that the end product is good enough for the members, i am fairly confident of this.

I hope you will all understand this and give me time (in between my gigging!) to carry out the above, over the next weekend.

And thanks to all for the continued help and support you have ALL given me !!
CEEJAY
Old Aug 20, 2003, 11:29 AM

I'm a little confused. When we were first told ceejay would be distributing this, it seemed as if he was converting existing tapes to VCD, but now it sounds like he's recording the videos from scratch. That's a lot of work ceejay - good luck!

Second, if the amnesty on reselling someones work is honoured I might be tempted to let you have the random card and wacky race discs I've made, including the iraqi most wanted disc, but don't swamp me with orders like when I thought I could get a roullette disc because I want to see how it works out for ceejay first.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 11:56 AM

No !, let me explain !, i have had to hire from a company everything i need to do this, i have in no way hidden this at anytime !!.
I intend to simply use the videos as a basis to which my vcd will be, i had never seen it done before , and to my knowledge nor anybody else , so therefore i did not know how it was laid out or the format it should follow
( so to speak !).
I have used a culmination of Professional clips a friend has made of titles, etc and screenshots.
(he is a proffesional video editor for a local TV company ), so his input has been invaluable !.
I have spent many hours working this out ,experimenting and as i have said ,i hope it meets with everyones approval !!.

CEEJAY

Last edited by CEEJAY; Aug 21, 2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 03:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Lowndsy [/i]
[B]I'm a little confused. When we were first told ceejay would be distributing this, it seemed as if he was converting existing tapes to VCD, but now it sounds like he's recording the videos from scratch. That's a lot of work ceejay - good luck!

Second, if the amnesty on reselling someones work is honoured I might be tempted to let you have the random card and wacky race discs I've made, including the iraqi most wanted disc, but don't swamp me with orders like when I thought I could get a roullette disc because I want to see how it works out for ceejay first. [/B]
Thats a very interesting post Lowndsy.
Firstly tell me more about the random card(would this be similar to the CD+g Play your cards right, which i have)?
and the "Wacky Races" Would that be similar to the Horse racing discs that are been distributed by myself and others?
And the "Iraqi Most wanted"!! what is this?? would it be the Abu Dahbi Derby, which I managed to get hold of and convert to vcd for the benefit of the race fans??

Finally well done Ceejay for the hard work m8..put me down for a copy m8 ;-)
Old Aug 21, 2003, 03:41 AM

right if you go back months you will realise that it was me who origionally mentioned the roulette idea on this forum, having seen it work in a blackpool pub . and im delighted to hear that finally things are taking shape and well done ceejay for taking the trouble to get things rolling......as for how much profit he makes well i dont give a monkeys left bollock how much he makes as profit...fair play to him, if any of you come on here and say that in the past you havnt made a profit out of selling a full set of discs etc on here then ill stand bollock naked live on bbc 1........well done ceejay count me in on this roulette idea....i will deffo have one......after all you done all the spadework after all.........hi bhd....hi brad....did u get my new mobile number.......gram77ok
Old Aug 21, 2003, 06:07 AM

Ceejay - sorry for the misunderstanding. hope you get your cash back from it and then some.
DjRhythm - These are some that I put together a bit ago. they're all in a cartoon style because they're made in a bunch of programs including photoshop, illustrator, Director and flash.
The wacky races ones are proper dick dastardly wacky races style car races. I've got enough for me to use, but not enough files yet to dish out a fair balanced set - out of the ones i've done the gangster only wins once but the surfer wins 5 times.
The random cards ones are just discs with 52 cards in random order, but they are more interesting pictures - I've got a gothic deck and the Iraqi most wanted deck from the war in the gulf. You could play them straight through once at each venue you do or keep using them in random mode like I do.
I wouldn't step on anyones toes by copying their stuff, but like I say, I'm waiting to see what happens with ceejay first.