CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 22, 2003, 04:23 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

It will be interesting to see where they finally draw the line between console and computer. Consoles are already very basic computers. While I agree that it is cool to have the extra features, I am worried that consoles will end up just like PCs and then there will be no point. My biggest reason for getting into console gaming was because I was sick of having to upgrade my computer each time a new game came out that I wanted to play. This isn't quite the case anymore with PCs but you still do need to upgrade every so often to stay on top of the PC gaming world.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 04:28 AM

It's a shame, because it looks pretty cool, but I can't imagine trying to download many games on my 56K, I'm estimating 20 days non-stop going by the time it takes to download large files on my PC.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 05:27 AM
Veteran

lol, you wouldn't be downaloding the games on 56k....it connected by broadband (but even then, its still quite a hassle)
Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:30 AM
Veteran

Got to say it.... Looks like a complete sack of shite. Its bloody HUGE!! even looks bigger than an X-Box..

Specs:- Great yeah, but its a PC in a silver box.. Will be outdated v.quickly.

Why have a base spec model and a 'enhanced ' model?? does that mean that some games you might wait 6 hours to download will run like a pile of pooh on your base model?? thats a PC in my eyes.

Catch On? No chance... because its a PC in a box! Doesn't offer anything new or innovative at all... No super duper graphics chip, no special dedicated processors...

In my opinion, its pointless. I just can't wait to see what the controllers look like! judging by the design of the 'console' they're going to be HUGE and pointless! lol..

My opinion guys... No flaming!!

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Aug 22, 2003, 01:49 PM
Veteran

You won't get any arguments out of me. Seeing as how the console is already set up to alienate about 80% of potential videogamers (won't be for sale in stores and you will have to have broadband in order to D/L games) I couldn't agree more with the statements above.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 05:16 PM

I think it's stupid to NOT make it a computer! Think about the millions of people that don't have computers and buy an xbox for 150 which clearly outperforms my outdated BX computer. This one will be like buying a new friggin workstation just for playing video games.. what a waste of the silicon's potential