CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 24, 2003, 11:27 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Just a thought guys..

No where on the specs that I've seen is any mention of a optical drive CD or DVD... Does this mean that you can ONLY download games onto the internal HD???? once there you can't back it up? only delete it!

What happens when you want to play your favourite game at your mates? got to lug the beast round there!?!

This would mean that you couldn't get ' back-ups ' from the net either.. People selling 100gig HD's full of the latest games now? lol..

What if when you've downloaded and paid for a game and it turns out to be crap.. does that mean that you don't have a choice of playing it at a later date since you'll have to delete it from the HD to make room for others. 100 gig isn't a awful amount of storage either.

What a crock of shite.

I actually hope that it IS a hoax.. God help Infinium Labs if it isn't...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...

Last edited by Spagboll; Aug 24, 2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 12:46 PM
Veteran

You are right Spagboll the Phantom doesn't have a DVD Drive. The Phantom reminds me of a videogame version of the old divx format (no not the computer files you D/L). The old competitor to DVD where you had to pay for the code to get the disc to work beyond 4 days and then it would only work on that machine.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 01:42 PM

spagboll, there could be a way to download them off of a "third party" ftp, but thats not a backup. or is it? and i agree, infinum labs will need a lot of luck, the way this ph4t0/\/\ operates, to get this thing going.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:15 PM

hmmm.....

We had a reader go by Infinium Labs and take pictures of their "facility" ( that's when we found out it was a strip mall in the Florida Keys ) only to find out it was a single desk in a 100 x 100ft room with two phones and no furniture. That was about 4 months ago.

I talked to the Tim Roberts guy on the phone when he returned my call ( 22 days after I left a message ) and when I asked him about all this...he HUNG UP ON ME. I asked him if he was looking for investors, he said "We are actively recruiting investors". I asked him if they had any consoles on hand, he said "We have several hundred prototype models here in the office". So then I asked him where the prototypes were made, he said "right here in our facility". Then I told him I had seen his 100ft x 100ft office space conveinently located next to Missing Link Art Gallery in the strip mall ( located at 5380 Gulf of Mexico Dr. Longboat Key, Fl 34228 ) and he went NUTS!!! "WHO THE **** IS THIS!?!?! BLAH BLAH I'LL SUE YOU".
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:32 PM

how do you know about this if you live in london
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:31 AM

hehe detective.

Its a qoute from a site i saw, it's old news, check some some sites, they will say the same, just a scam.