CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 21, 2003, 11:04 AM

Default backing up kingdom hearts

sponsored links

hey guys,
I'm trying to backup my copy of kingdom hearts but i'm getting errors. First i tried nero instant copy and it seemed to finish fine but was unreadable from my ps2. Then i tried record max but the record on a fly gave me an error. Finally i followed the guide to backing up a ps2 original with record now max and it seemed to work fine. It started fine in the ps2 but when the fmv started playing it got real choppy then froze. Placing it horizontally allowed it to progress a little farther. But after a few seconds it again froze.... i remove the dvd and reinsert it, and it plays a little more till it freezes.... i do this several time till it reaches a point where it plays for a minute perfectly. Then it freezes permanently and i must turn off the ps2.

So basically i'm just asking what causes the freezing. Rather than wasting more dvds and experimenting i'd rather ask you pros. Is it that the original dvd is too scratched? The image seemed to be made fine... Or since the ps2 seems to struggle reading the disc, is it just a bad burn? Maybe i'm burning too fast at 4x?... I'm using an optorite dd0203 and ritek g04 dvd-r which have been confirmed to work great on ps2s.
Old Aug 21, 2003, 11:22 AM
Veteran

burn it at 1x and you should be fine if that still doesnt work try it on verbatim media insted of ritek
Old Aug 21, 2003, 11:36 AM
Banned

I know it sounds like a hassle, but when in doubt try to burn at 1x.

What modchip do you have because i found [url=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=246639&highlight=kingdo m+hearts]this
Old Aug 21, 2003, 11:44 AM

hmm... okay thanks for the advice... time to invest another dvd. I use a dsm3 on a v7 ps2 and people with the same burner have stated the exact same media should work perfectly on the ps2...