CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01, 2003, 06:00 PM
suspended

sponsored links

I tried to detect it in the bios that failed.
I checked all the cables and they were fine,
I am left with a prompt, however fdisk won't work because there is no hard drive thats what it keeps telling me..

Thanks anyway

What about a bios upsate?
Old Sep 01, 2003, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Firstly, make sure it's identified correctly in the bios. Try either Auto for the HD or try User and enter the parameters in manually. These will be on a sticker on the drive.
If its not detected in the bios, then you have a hardware problem.

Boot from a bootable floppy.
At the A:\> type fdisk and press enter.
If you receive a message no fixed disk present etc. the Hard Disk is bad or not connected properly.
If can get into fdisk, choose option 4 to display the partition information.
In the partition information, if the System is listed then continue to 5.
If you have a message indicating no partitions defined, no information is on your hard disk drive and you will need to create a new partition.
If you see FAT16 or FAT32 in fdisk press the ESC key until back at the A:\>
Once at the A:\> type, sys c: and press enter. Only do this command if you are using the same operating system that the floppy was created on.
You should get a message 'System Transferred', if you receive bad command or file name and have checked the command properly, you will need to obtain a bootable diskette with the file sys.com on it.
If it transferred successfully, reboot the computer and try to format from there.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:25 AM

Default Your MB Problem

Change your Mother Board Battery, then try to update or load the same bios. For instruction on how to create a bios boot disk contact me via my business email. I will need your Make and Model to help with the rest.

CyberK Systems
www.Cyber-K.com
[email]cyber-k@cyber-k.com[/email]
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
Veteran

Last post in this thread was Sep 01, 2003, 10:52 PM.

Bit late for a reply don't you think.

colin.
Closed Thread