CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 04, 2003, 12:50 PM
Veteran

Default Problem with cookies, firewall???

sponsored links

I am having this bad problem going on the internet lately. I just redid my PC (formatted, and reinstalled everything)...I installed Norton Internet Security (and Zone Alarm Pro was later installed as well). Sites would be really slow, and sites like Ebay (when listing an item, the 3rd step would never load....until I disabled Norton I.S.)...I never had that problem before. I am using a cable modem and have the same setup I did before. Sites seem to load severely slow....then I disable Internet security...and it loads. Obviously it seems to have to do with that....BUT then I put ACCEPT all cookies in IE and the same with Nortons IS......I still get the same problem. And one site ( i usually had to disable Norton IS to download a file, now even when I disable it, it doesnt work). Any ideas??????? PLEASE!

ALSO, when loading this site....the page seemed to be loaded completely but I couldnt find the "POST NEW TOPIC" icon.....I clicked disable on Norton IS and it popped up
Old Sep 04, 2003, 06:12 PM
Veteran

?
Old Sep 04, 2003, 07:01 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Nikki, please don't [url=***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255802]DOUBLE POST or bump a post up after only six hours on both posts.

It is normal for some sites to not display the download buttons unless the firewall is adjusted or shutdown. I only use Zone Alarm Pro, so in Privacy, turn cookie control off and ad blockin to high. Mobile Code Control is off.

You can select custom in each one to fine tune your settings and site list also. In program control, slider should be on Medium so it's on Learning Mofe.

In IE, go to tools-->internet options and privacy tab.
There, slider should be on Medium and use the import button to place resident and personilsed cookies. like the ones from this site so they are retained permanently.

Under that is the Edit button which allows you to manage sites. There you can specify which sites to block and allow.