CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 15, 2003, 05:59 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Just to let you guys know, and those who are interested in wireless networking for there Xbox, Microsoft will be shortly releasing their own Wireless Networking adapter for the Xbox. I can't remember the exact link, but details were leaked by the FCC before MS intended and so they have made it official. I can't remember if it said when it will be out, but it is comming.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 06:58 PM
Veteran

yeah, it is just a 55mbs bridge, u can get them allready, mine is 11mbs, as its cheaper, and will be fine for streaming media to the xbox for tv playing.
i guess ms just will rebrand one with their logo ect..
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:15 PM

Well haven't been able to get to it yet, but from the sounds of it, it looks like I will be ok... I just got the linksys WL G broadband router...has 4 ports plus I should be able to use the netgear me101 very easy.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:17 PM
Veteran

***********.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?prid=157&grid=22

looks like ill be getting that 2morrow

89 in pc world..
but, the thing is.. will it do what i want?
wanna replace the 10mb hub i got here, with wired ethernet cables to each pc.

ive got 2 wifi cards (usb) for my 2 pc`s, and now my ethernet bridge for xbox.. so i THINK it will work..
anyone know? im new to wifi
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:28 PM

You guys should really check out the differences in the routers before you go get one... like I said I have the G bit with the 2.4GHz range and the 54Mbps... the best range I could get plus the compatability to be used anywhere... would have liked to get the 5GHz one, but has a shorter range... and freedom to roam is a top priority for me.

***********.linksys.com/Products/wirelessstandards.asp
Old Sep 15, 2003, 09:15 PM

Hey VCD... you stated that you have the 11Mbps router and it will work fine... I don't dought that it works good for you, but for those who can't have there system next to there xbox... don't you start to loose the signal the farther away you are from the source... so why not start with the 54Mbps and go down from there instead of the 11Mbps?!?