CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 17, 2003, 08:53 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Thats a bugger, I've got quite a few Aironet 4800 AP's. Now called Cisco 350's as they were bought out by Cisco.

As I work in conjuction with a company called Ensign who are Cisco approved installers I'll have to see what sort of price they could do some bridges for me.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:50 PM
Veteran

well, 11mbs was cheaper thats all my choice was based on.. and the distance aint far.. just downstairs from pc room, so should be fine..

i got my access point last night (unbranded), spent about 3 1/2 hours trying to figure out why the hell nothing saw it..

eventually at 1230am... with 2 pc`s beside it.. i got the network WIRELESS....
problem was, moving the usb wifi cards connected to the pc more than 1metre or so away from the access poiint, resulted in them losing connection to it.
something obviously wrong with it.
the xbox downstairs didnt see it at all..

ive brought it back tot he comptuer shop, they are going to test it and replace it if faulty..

i wish to F"*% i had of just put cable from my hub to the xbox.. this is ending up to be a very expensive and time consuming/stressfull idea...

anyone else had problems with faulty access points ?
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:27 AM
Veteran

I have seen quite a few faulty wireless access points, but I do repair them for a living so I should do....lol.

Telxon 630's mainly.

not sure I'll bother looking into the wireless option as my whole house is networked.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 12:24 PM
Veteran

yes yes yes!!! it was faulty.. got it replaced.. connected access point to my hub.
turned on xbox.. and it connected and installed updated sware from ms (chip was disabled of course!)
Old Sep 19, 2003, 06:15 AM

What is your connection rate?
Old Sep 19, 2003, 07:42 AM
Veteran

about 600k a second or something..
depends if a lot of other bandwidth being used by hub the access point is connected to..
thing is.. every time i run media player on xbox, it just freezes on LOADING...
i need to disconect network for it to work.
ive edited config.xml as much as i can.. changed ip`s .. everything..
i dont know what else to do.