CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 19, 2003, 06:52 PM

sponsored links

Dlink makes one, heres the link ***********.dlink.com/products/?model=DWL-810%2b
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:48 AM

VCD... did you every figure out why your media player freezes? Oh I ordered the LINKSYS WIRELESS-G WGA54G GAME ADAPTER... will let you all know how it works when I get it...
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:51 AM
Veteran

yeah mate, after a lot of research i found out that there is an apparent bug in the EVOX dashboard..
by putting the xbox media player to dvdrw and booting off it, instead of going through the dash.. it works fine, and streams mp3s off my server, although when i went to stream an mpeg it just went black... not sure if thats something at my end or not...

hopefully the next evox will have a fix.. (there was a release today.. not tried it yet )

correct me if im wrong here anyone..
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:52 AM
Veteran

here are the cards that im using to get my wireless network running btw..

here is what my pc`s have
(one in each)
***********.netgear.com/products/details/MA101.asp?view=hm

the xbox uses one of these..
***********.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=175&view=

and the server pc which has the net and all my video and music files connects into something similar to this (cant find one im using online, as it aint branded)
***********.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=176&view=

the access point above connects into my 10mb hub (which other pc`s used to also connect into.. but are wireless now)
Im only using the hub to connect the access point to the pc because to connect te access point to the server direct would need a cross over network lead.. and i dont have one, so just sending through hub.. makes no difference anyway.

All working great. i think up to 32 wifi devices can connect to my access point.
at present i have not set up security on it properly.. but at the end of the day.. how many people around my area will be using wireless networks?
lol
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:58 AM

hahahaha I hear you on that... in my area however... they have alot of sniffers around.... up to no good is all.... just want to mark all the free access points they can... it's all over the island though so no worries...
Old Sep 20, 2003, 02:01 AM
Veteran

well.. im in n.ireland and down where im at there aint a single access point i was able to find.. so im safe for the moment..
ill enable it in due course.. but now its all working, i dont want to go and F*"$ it up un nessesarily..
u know how these things have a tendency to do that when u least expect it..