CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 16, 2003, 07:39 PM
suspended

Default Software crash

sponsored links

I've been trying to compile a Home DVD from my downloaded DV tapes using the Pinnacle Expression software I received with my newly purchased Time Computer.

Problem is, everytime the Transcoding reaches 50% I get an error message and am told that the Pinnacle Expression software has encountered a problem and has to shut down. I am using the latest version of the software, version 2.2.1.2.

I have tried transcoding two completely different projects from different DV tapes, but the error occurs each time the transcoding process hits 50%.

I contacted Pinnacle support with the error message produced by the software, and they advise me I will need to reinstall the software using the installation disk. The problem is that I dont have one.

I contacted Time computers to ask for one, and they told me that it is pre-loaded onto the computer and they could not provide me with one due to the licence they have with Pinnacle. They then told me to phone their 1 a minute technical support helpline for further assistance - I told them to f**k off.

It seems I am caught between a rock and a hard place here. Does anyone have any ideas how I could resolve this problem without the installation disks?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 06:00 AM
Veteran

There website does have email support and a forum area, which may be useful.

Have a look at :

***********.pinnaclesys.com/support/products/info/default.asp?ProductID=438
Old Sep 17, 2003, 07:09 AM
suspended

I've already looked there, but can't get any help. Pinnacle support tell me that the only way to fix the problem is to uninstall and re-install, but I don't have the disk and neither they or Time Computers are prepared to provide me with one for a computer that is only 3 months old.

It seems everyone is now starting the crap Microsoft are doing by pre-installing the software but not providing the program on disk.

I feel a really cheeky letter to Time Computers is in order. And I'm going to demand my Windows XP disk as well, just for a laugh.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 07:43 AM
Veteran

Did u see the Pinnacle Expression 2.2 patch ? at ;

***********us.pinnaclesys.com/docsupport1.asp?division_id=1&langue_id=2&product_ id=603&product_name=Expression&page_id=742

It's supposed to contain loads of bugfixes ...... you cant lose much if it it aint working anyway
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:25 AM
suspended

Tried the patch, but still not working.

Letter is in the post to Time Computers. If I don't get any joy, watch the Judge in the Sunday Mail.