CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 18, 2003, 02:38 AM

Thumbs up How to burn xbox games with out xiso and using nero

sponsored links

I am using Nero versoin 5.5.10.35. I just figured this out. How to burn a xbox game with out making it into an UTF ISO image with xiso. Under new compilation chose DVD-ROM (UDF), then under the UTF tab it has a check box for force DVD-Video compatibility mode (required for Xbox TM) check it. I tested it and it works and my computer can also read it so it makes it easy to back it up a 2nd. time with out having to download from the xbox. This speeds up the backing up time.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 04:34 AM
Veteran

you're still actually better off making a true gdf image with a program like simplexiso. trust me, somewhere down the road you will run into compatibility issues and wonder what the problem is but good info none the less. altho it really is easier and more accurate to just use simplexiso. also... backups can be made of backups in any dvd burner disc to disc. that's what makes it rule!
Old Sep 18, 2003, 07:00 PM

you are right i just figured out a problem they take a lot longer to load. Devil-Man when i put a backed up game in my burner windows doesn't recognize it, so you are saying that i still can make a disc to disc copy, thanks for the info. does xiso make a ture gdf image because i am having a hard time backing up SOF, i tried hex editing it and i am up to date with bios and evox
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:37 AM
Veteran

xiso makes crap isos go to xbox-scene tools section, get a program called simplexiso. and it really is simple click make image. done as for windows not recognizing it, you can still copy disc to disc with recordnowMAX i believe. maybe even the latest nero.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 03:48 AM

yep, you can do a disc to disc copy exactly as you would any other disc to disc copy, despite the alien filesystem. it doesn't matter cos your donor disc should be burnt as a standard mode1 iso, so your software beit prassi/rnm, nero, whatever... it'll just ignore the filesystem and copy all data out at 2048 bytes per block, then burn it back in the same mode. that's prolly not a very good explaination, but it is what happens.

here's some more semi useless xbox info...use whatever software to dump an *iso/image off your disc easily via it's 'save track' feature. then just fire up an audio complilation, drag your iso into it, burn it...no special settings!...it _will_ work!...you can even take up any room left with mp3 to burn as mixed mode disc, again, it will still work in your chipped xbox as a game, but if you switch your chip off it will give you an invalid region msg. however, it will play as an audio disc in your stereo or pc...

*if your software insists on using it's own naming convention/proprietry format i.e. image.nrg, just rename it to image.iso
__
arthur_p_huxake

p.s. prassi will dump to iso, as will nero and dvdecrypetr, but i'm not to sure if rnm only dumps to .gi cos i haven't really used it much. anyways, it can be got around...but that's another story ;-)
Old Sep 19, 2003, 09:18 AM

so what you guys are actually saying is that i can go and buy/rent an xbox game from the shops and put in my pc's dvd drive to make an image of that game,then burn to dvdr with whatever i choose to use????

and there is no need to ftp the files anymore from xbox to pc to do this???