CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:51 AM
Veteran

Default Strange thing happens when I open excel documents!!!

sponsored links

In the last couple of days a very strange thing happens when I try to open excel documents. If I double click any excel document, my screen goes blank, then flickers, then a message appears in VERY large size telling me that

DVD Decrypter

Invalid or unsupported ISO file format

Once I close all the windows my screen goes back to normal.... until I try to open any other excel document. This only happens with excel, Word documents are fine.
The only way to open excel documents is to right click and select open from the dropdown menu. This is driving me mad, so any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I am running windows XP home on a EI system with 80gb and a 2.4 pentium 4 processor.
I regularly update my norton virus and defragment twice a month

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:44 AM
Veteran

That happens because DVD Decrypter has been associated to some of the Excel file extensions.

Go to My Computer --> Tools --> Folder Options --> File Types. Scroll down and locate the Excel file extensions that are associated to DVD Decrypter and point them back to Excel.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:47 AM
Veteran

thanks m8...problem solved