CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 19, 2003, 09:57 PM
Veteran

Default This is how to get Desert Storm 2 to work on NTSC Xbox

sponsored links

OK, I know alot of you guys (Including me) were having trouble with Desert Storm 2, so when I came across a fix I saw on Newsgroups that worked (I wish I could give proper credit to the guy who first posted this, but I could not find his name, sorry) I though I would share it with everybody. The problem with the game is that the movies are PAL, and we are NTSC. In some unknown way the Xbox detects that the movies that are needed to play at the time the game prompts them to should be NTSC, but, in this release, there are NO movies labeled NTSC-only PAL, so the game locks up when the assigned movie is needed. So, what do we do about this? We label the movies as if they WERE NTSC, especially since the movie will play in 60hz anyways. How do we do that? Well, inside the game the movies are 'bik' files. The movies are called something like this: moviePALUs.bik. What we would do with that is rename it like this: movieNTSUs.bik. In other words, wherever you see 'PAL' in the 'bik' files, change it to 'NTS'....also, wherever you see 'Pal' in the 'bik' files, change that to 'Nts'. Just make sure you only change those 3 letters in the file, and no other part of the name. It is an easy fix, I did it in about 3 minutes, and the game plays all the movies and intros now, and DOES NOT freeze up or produce the lovely "Dirty disc error"! I hope this helps you guys to play this game, because it is quite nice, and a whole bunch of fun playing the multi-player co-op adventure mode. Even the single player is good, something about being a heavily-armed squad of soldiers in Iraq I just have to like
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:23 AM
Veteran

hi m8 saw your fix for this game but the main problem is how do i get to see all the files as its only iso
what program do i need to download etc

any help would do please

backup2k1(the name u can trusT)
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:55 AM
Veteran

load the iso into something like xiso and extract it.. then rename appropriate files and put back to an iso, or dump files to ur xbox via ftp.
think this is correct yes ?
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:58 AM
Veteran

backup2k1, there is a ppf patch for the game on the xbox newsgroup. just saw it a few minutes ago, and if you miss it there, then there should be one up a gamecopyworld later ons.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 03:15 AM
Veteran

thanks for the info, i will try it tomorrow.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:55 PM

Can I use this trink also on the switched environment? (pal console with ntsc games)...

I have a Pal xbox modded and I'm dowloading some NTSC game: will they work on my console? Do I Need to use a PC monitor? I have a TV and in the manual is says that it supports both pal and ntsc signals... do I have to get some different cable to connect xbox and TV? Thanks in advance for any info (so I can avoid to waste time DL something that doesn't work)

bye PADDOCK7